Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons Beaver Creek

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am heading to Beaver creek and wanted to book an hour or 2 with an instructor to work on moguls and/or off piste for myself and Mrs MM. I have checked out the BC website and it appears i can book a private lesson for up to 5 people at $595 for a half day - there does not seem to be any alternative to book a couple of hours 1-2-1 like you would be able to in France etc. I have sent an email to BC website for clarification but as yet no answer.

anyone have any advice on this
thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MogulMonkey, not Beaver Creek but we went to Breckenridge and I am sure the organisation will be the same. It's very different to Europe. Only one ski school in resort for a start and they tend to do lessons by the full day mostly, sometimes half day. The private cost is very expensive. I would not book it because the chances of you getting private instruction (or close to) in a group lesson are high from our experience. Also you can pay by the day ad hoc as you like or not, so you can try for one day and go back the next or not. In our party our four kids went together in one group and were on their own for a day and then joined by another boy for a day. I went in a group with my friend and we had one other guy with us. The group above us (I was undecided between that and the one I did) had one woman in it. The group below us our other friend was in and she was on her own. And the men all three went together in another group with no one else in it. This was at Easter midweek, weekends are busier. My advice would be when you turn up for the lessons go to a lesson group where there is no one else or the fewest people standing which is approximately your level e.g if you think you're about a level 7 but that has 3 people already go to 6 or 8 if they have fewer/no people, worth a try. It doesn't seem to be like Europe where with those numbers they would consolidate classes a bit, in the US they will run a group class with one person in it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah, thanks for the info...we are fairly experienced skiers and i thought it would be a nice 'treat' to have a mogul or off piste lesson but at the prices i have seen it would be a fairly expensive treat and my pockets seem to develop a lock when they see high prices rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MogulMonkey, agree very high prices Shocked just go to group level 9, likely to have it to yourselves wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used Ric Reiter 9 years ago, when he taught my wife & I to ski. He's VailSnoPro on EpicSki forum. No idea if he's still at Beaver Creek but he was fantastic, and I believe he taught/examined the instructors at Vail/Beaver Creek.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy