Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there roadworks between Ulm and Munich??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are travelling by car over Feb half term (Friday to Friday) and am looking at route from Ulm into Mayerhofen.
Google maps tells me to go via north side of Munich on E52/E45 however it also shows roadworks.
Are they still ongoing and will it hold me up??
Thanks
Rich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes there are (about 3 sections I think)
no they didn't hold me up, other than going at the 80 speed limit instead of the usual 120 speed limit, for maybe 20km in total.

IME it's not so much roadworks that cause big delays, but accidents etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Andy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oi Oi Savaloy, if you set off from Ulm fairly early you should not get held up too much on a Friday unless there are some bad accidents (as andy says). There are often delays around the junction of the A8/A99 on the north-west side of Munich in the rush hour and again around the A9/A99 (north) and the A94/A99 (east) junctions. The good news is that all the other roadworks have been mothballed for the winter, although the speed limits are still in place in one or two places.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Sue,
Unfortunately we won't be in that area until later in the day, having stayed in Luxembourg overnight on the Thursday.
Whilst you're on here, any thoughts on accommodation/locations overnight on Friday?
I would like to stay within an hour or so drive of Mayerhofen so as to get in there early on Saturday??
Regards
Rich
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oi Oi Savaloy, There are some good places just off the A93 (Rosenheim to Kiefersfelden) - try looking at the villages of Nussdorf, Branneburg and Oberaudorf - all close to the autobahn for a quick get away on Saturday morning. I'd recommend the Gasthof zur Post in my village as well, but we are a wee bit further off the autobahn (Törwang/Samerberg is about 5kms away and higher up in a hanging valley).

The good news is that the normal traffic chaos coming off the A12 at Weising is not as bad due to them widening and improving the junction, but the queue up the Zillertal from the autobahn can be pretty slow going still. If the traffic is free flowing, beware of the Gendarmes with their laser pistols on in Fügen and Uderns - they like you to pay on the spot if they catch you speeding (these are where the speed limit changes frequently so keep your eyes peeled!).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fortunately, Saturday early morning queue up the Zillertal is not as bad as that going out the Zillertal Smile
Speed is more governed by the variation of speed limits, than the volume of traffic arriving (Dutch+Belgian+TourOp traffic leaving is much more than German day skiers arriving).
IME.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andy, lots of Bavarian day trippers also boost the traffic, especially if they have come over the Achen Pass. You are not aware of them until you hit the traffic jams! However given the snow reports coming out of the media here right now, many of my Munich friends are saying it's not worth the drive/hassle. Makes me happy as there is considerably less traffic when I drive over to Ski amadé on Saturday mornings wink Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy