Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter in Camper/motorhome in skiresort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey SnowHeads

I want to spend all seson in ski resort, to make it worst I will propably have to take my Dog with me .. I can't afford to rent apartment by myself, and I can forget about buying one:)

So .. I'd love to calculate how much it would be to buy a Camper and used it as home in skiresort

If anyone can help answering Qustions like :

1. which motorhome is best choice for skiresort
2. how much it cost for a week to use camper as home in skiresort

Or if you have any sugestons, please share Smile

Thank You and have great winter
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.motorhomeski.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

how much it would be to buy a Camper and used it as home in skiresort

quite possibly more than renting a cheap studio apartment (which would be a lot warmer and more comfortable than anything but a well-equipped and insulated - and therefore expensive - camper). Especially if you needed an electric hookup.

welcome to snowheads, aj23, snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Even a 25 year old knackered camper with no insulation and an engine that probably wouldn't get you as far as the ferry will be £2k. They are also not equipped for ski resort temperatures, heating it would be a nightmare.

A basic small apartment would be cheaper, more comfortable and a much better experience IMHO.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A fully winterised motor home is likely to be expensive and you are likely to need to pay hook up fees and/or campsite fees for at least some of the time. You could look at a seasons renting of a static van on one of the winter campsites? If you could vacate for the peak periods (ie go home for Xmas etc) you may be able to negotiate a good deal!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
depends how "handy" you are. Most of the vans around here are reasonable sized transits or horse boxes. aside from the obvious interiour build your'll need a generator and a wood burner.

as long as you have those they can be pretty comfortable. at a guess i'd budget about 5k.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm looking to sell my campervan if you are interested
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Heating will be expensive. I've got an Eberspacher in my truck, as well as an electric heater. If I was paying for electric, it'd be extortionate, but even though it's insulated pretty well, I'll still go through maybe 5 litres of diesel in the heater over a weekend keeping it warm. It can run on red diesel, sure, but it's still not 'cheap'. I've seen some with a log burner which is fine if you have a source of wood, but that does require a bit more work and you've got the worries of CO poisoning. I'm tempted to do a season in the truck, not to save money, but so I can carry shedloads of stuff and move around from resort to resort
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Heh Very Happy
now I have no clue what to do Very Happy,
there still some time to sort it out, idea to check the "RV" solution on my own skin at the end of this seson might be not so bad.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't worry too much about the cost, they hold their value very well and you could sell it at the end of the season for not that much less than you bought it for. There is a dedicated campervan/mobile home parking area at La Thuile and it was full every day when we were there last month. So it is popular enough. We met a couple last year whilst we were skiing, they were on honeymoon and had taken time off work to spend the season touring European ski resorts in a mobile home. They said they were having the time of their lives.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
check out the sbmcc.co.uk website for every bit of info you could ever need Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dode , Eddie THANK YOU , U ve made me believer again Wink, I will get back to You when Im done reading .
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From buying Camper I'm might end up at building one from scretch ... life is crazy my Friends Very Happy but ... as someone said "do epic poo-poo" Wink
So how to build perfect winterspecialvehicle ??, any advice in that metter Very Happy

Im sorry for that tone but if someone would said 3 months ago that Im gonna search for ultimate winter Camper I would call him crazy ..Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
aj23, my nephew spent christmas week here in Les Saisies in a van he has converted from an ex AA van. But he did have a very good gas heater, and he was able to come in for showers and hot meals! He said it did get chilly when he sat out on the bucket early one morning, still a bit dark, because his daughter was asleep in the van and it seemed rude to use the bucket indoors. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers Pam Very Happy
Im not planing on using a bucket outside Very Happy
"Concept camper" is slowly taking control over my head Very Happy
This SBMCC just took me to the moon ...my moon Very Happy
If im not gonna find sth worth to follow I will do it by myself Wink - I mean UltimatePowderVehicle must be born Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy