Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets, Bulgaria ski school recommendations please??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we are off to Borovets in Bulgaria in a couple of weeks with a family skiing for their first time. Can anyone recommend a good ski school with English Speaking instructors?
Web searches reveal a vast range of prices, so don't just want to go with the cheapest, really looking for the best, most professional.
Cheers all. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to Borovets about 6 years ago so my memory is a little hazy, but there is a bar just behind/to the left of (looking uphill) the nursery slope opposite the Rila Hotel. The owner of this bar is also an instructor and came highly recommended. He gave my OH two private lessons and was quite happy for me to follow around at no extra cost. he was fantastic and seems to get all of his business from recommendations.

There are a few "instructors" that ski around and tell people that they need lessons. They do my head in and I'm not sure I would use any of these.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I will wrack my brains and try to remember the bar and instructors name (and make sure he is still teaching).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right, think it's the Titanic bar and the guys name is George. He might even run the hire shop next door to the bar. But if you go there and ask for George, he is the guy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have not been for a few (5?) years but in those days if you booked the ski pack through the TO instruction was included (4 hours a day). Most of those we encountered spoke good enough English and all the beginners I encountered were taught OK so if you have booked the ski pack you should try that first. One thing we found at the time was that whoever guided or taught you were very keen to ensure not only that you could ski but also have a good time, after all they were after a good tip. Down the main street is/was a bar called the White Magic and the owner (Christo/Cris summat like that) gave private lessons, he is an ex Olympic skier and has dined off that experience for years, expect he would still be there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were many times to Borovets as we stayed in Samokov hotel. There is a large ski depot in the hotel as well as a ski school with english speaking instructors. They are very friendly and we spent good time. You can book online your ski lessons in advance ot to hire ski equipment from here - http://www.ski-school-borovets.com/en/pages/read/ski-snowboard-school
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi chezzi,
I went in 2013 and we all used hunters. They were lovely and really friendly. They seemed to have much smaller groups than other companies that we saw. Others seemed to have about 10 and our group only had 5 or 6 (I don't know if this is always the case or if we were just lucky though). Super flexible with people changing groups who wanted to be pushed more or not.

Borovets isn't the most snow sure resort though so you may want to research activities in the area just in case. We were lucky our year and had great snow right down into resort but I think last year wasn't so good. Puzzled

Sure you guys will have a fab time though and the snow gods will hopefully be kind!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Sure you guys will have a fab time

I think they've probably been by now. Someone resurrected an old thread from January.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ha. Lol. Thanks. Didn't look at OP date. Embarassed I hope they had snow at any rate.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hope so too. From what I know there was really very little snow there at the start of the season so I hope it hasn't completely put them off skiing. Really bad luck for a first time family ski.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
we were due to go in feb half term but switched to Bansko, fantastic snow, hundreds of canons, Borovets really struggled. We then went to Borovets at easter and practically had the place to ourselves, booked again for easter, and theyve put in a load more canons over the summer break.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy