Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corchavel or Meribel 5/6 April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Managed to secure my holidays and am now aiming to head to one of the above with my teenage daughter. How is the snow cover the first week in April, would dread to book and be disappointed. We have both skied 3 times before, mainly blues and reds. Any info much appreciated .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mark8500, of the two I'd always choose Courchevel - Meribel can get slushy if it's that sort of a spring. Courchevel 1650 has some very nice skiing, not extreme, and is a lot less expensive than 1850.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Courchevel and check out if esprit have any deals for crystal 2000.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mark8500, neither. With 3 weeks under your belt I doubt you enjoy slush much. Go to Val Thorens instead.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At that time of year you will get slush into the resorts - certainly at Meribel / Meribel Mottaret / any of the Courchevel resorts...
however you should be fine higher up (less people per sq. inch and higher) - so I will tend to ski higher and then get the bubble down from the mid station to avoid the boredom / tedium of skiing in slush...
so whichever resort you find for accomodation - I have skied those valleys many many times at that time of year and had fantastic skiing without exception - the only issue is slushy last bits...
personal preference is Courchevel as it is more of a large bowl of linked runs - whereas Meribel is more broken into two sides of the valley
VT valley is also fab and higher (so prob. better snow) but you can quite easily hop across from anywhere to anywhere

Alasdair
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You posed a question there - Courchevel or meribel? So I answered it. But in reality I'd wait till the last minute and see what the snow is doing - I wouldn't book either now. Early April you should still have lots of choice. You could book flights - that makes sense, then wait to decide on accommodation/resort.

One v good thing about Courchevel is choice of excellent ski schools.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mark8500, I would also agree with all those suggesting Val Thorens.
This has been a funny season so far. Nothing like the last two at all.
Winter keeps being promised, but has yet to arrive.
If you want to be confident of decent skiing, and you're already looking at the 3-Valleys, it would be foolish to ignore Val Thorens.
Val Thorens has lots of lovely cruisey blues and reds.
It won't disappoint.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd suggest Courchevel too. Although I see where pam w is coming from, I can't really think of many situations where Meribel would be better than Courchevel in April. More options to stay high in Courchevel, and the Meribel resort runs aren't as nice in heavy snow conditions as they're generally steeper.

1650 is a good base, but not central for the Three Valleys. If 1850 is too expensive I'd recommend 1550 or La Tania - you can easily get the gondola down to both if snow is poor.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to agree with others - late season I'd choose Courchevel over Meribel. The elevation means it is shadier and keeps better snow. My preference would be 1650 although denfinella has a point (although can't you get over to Mottaret in 3 lifts from 1650, same as 1550? La Tania can get you to Meribel in 2 but if you are heading for VT you probably have to take an extra lift from there?)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
However bear in mind that some of the best and highest Courchevel skiing is more easily accessed from Meribel-Mottaret than from many of the Courchevel villages.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy