Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun Peaks: Sleigh Ride and/or Dog Sledding....

Poster: A snowHead
anyone tried it there? We don't usually do any activities but we can do both of these after skiing. Sleigh ride is only $25 per person, but the dog sledding is $125 per person...plus tax.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dog sledding it ace, done them both and the dog sled wins paws down.
It was a few years ago but well worthwhile.
There were 3 of us 2 on one sled and one with the guy running the show. We had to help harness the dogs then hang on to then until they were in the traces. The dogs took us out over the golf course, we stopped and changed drivers half way round. The dogs seemed to love going out and the ones left behind spent the time we were out howling!!
One more good one if it still runs is a trip out on a piste basher it frightened my father!
Or the snow mobile tour is good just have to take some time off skiing as they are daylight tours on the logging roads round the back of tod mountain.
Spent a lot of weeks in Sun Peaks rolling eyes
Try the ice wine
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
joneski, Thanks - and yes I fancied the piste basher trip too! I've done snowmobile so something different this time.

I will definitely try the ice wine..we usually bring a bottle of Pinnacle back.

Any other recommendations for Sun Peaks, skiing or otherwise? We are staying a Delta Sun Peaks resort
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, am off there early Feb so if owt seems a must-do will let you know when I'm back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DoubleBombardino, great, thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try to avoid downtown Kamloops if you can wink

Check stand-by availability at Mike Wiegele's, which is three hours north of there in Blue River and is the biggest heli operator in the world. Their standby rates are great value if you can get there and if you can get a seat.

Wine-wise, Okanagan wines are good, especially a few excellent Pinot Noirs which you generally can't get outside BC. Blue Mountain is worth looking out for.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go skiing with Nancy Green if you can and go to a hockey match in Kamloops there is usually a coach down to the rink when there is a game on.
Just watch out for the crowds they sneak up on you and then you have to share a piste with someone else.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done some dog sledding in Finland. It was hard work - you help push the sled uphill and the dogs run fast. They clearly absolutely love it. The dogs also lighten their bowels in the first mile and that's pretty smelly, which is the sort of thing that either bothers you or not. Overall though, fantastic fun if you are reasonably fit and like dogs. If the route they do at Sun Peaks is flat, maybe the fitness doesn't apply.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
philwig, Thanks - I'm nowhere on the scale of being able to heli ski!. I'll take the wine recommendation though wink

joneski, No home match the week I'm there otherwise we would have done the ice hockey...and I'll be very cross if someone tries to ski on MY piste wink

dogwatch, Hmm never thought about the fitness, my knee is still a bit buggered after injury last year so pushing is not really an option if it's fast, but it does say you can just sit in the sled.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not done dog sledding or a sleigh ride but we did go ski-dooing (sp?) in Pragelato a few seasons ago. We don't usually go in for activities but for a change thought "why not".

I think it was around 80 euro's each for two adults for about an hour and a half and they let the little feller ride shotgun with me free of charge. Pretty good level of tuition for the first 30 minutes then a well lit and maintained track through to Borgata in the forest.

Deffinatly want to do it again.

That's Mrs HD dressed in pink, not me...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
homers double, I did skidoo some years ago so fancied something different. Did you mean to post a picture?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done dog sledding a couple of times, and yes they do park their breakfast while at a jog.
TOP TIP: Don't wear your best white ski jacket, and keep your mouth closed.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, Yes because POIDH as most people on the internet believe that anything written is lies.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways, Laughing

homers double, I only said "Did you mean to post a picture?" because you said "That's Mrs HD dressed in pink, not me..." but there was no pic to see who was in pink!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had a few days there in early Feb and really liked the resort and slopes.

Plus points:

Dog sledding was great. Not cheap but well worth it. If u can snag (esp as season advances) the 9 or 11 slots as u then get extra nice forest atmosphere n light. Dogs just love to pull.

Bottoms. Which is a bar, w v nice food n ale. Locals night is Tuesday and pretty lively.

Hot tubs at Delta hotel/apartments. Managed to blag free entry and v nice too.

Snow was in great nick, despite lack of fresh when I was there. W a max of about -18 and min of -28 Shocked no surprise there was no thaw/freeze.

Mountain hosts - 9.15 and 1pm meet ups. Great guys/gals and all v social; highly recommended.

Service culture all round is top notch, v good but not too cheesy.

Slopes - v nice mix of greens to double blacks w 3/4 of latter unpisted on any given day. Loads of in bounds off piste if that is yr bag.

holidayloverxx, enjoy!!!
snow report
DoubleBombardino, excellent thanks! we are in the Delta hotel so will get to use the hot tubs. I have booked the 17:00 dog sledding as I didn't want to lose skiing time, plus I rather like the idea of goiing through the forest at twilight

7 sleeps snowHead
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, that twilight plan sounds great. Seems like place is now getting regular snowfalls too so all bodes well.
Let us know how u get on.
latest report
Have a go at the Friday Race series... Great bunch of people, well run, plus filmed runs, shown in the bar afterwards shared with a few beers.
snow conditions
We have arrived it will be ok when the luggage arrives it was left at heathroe Puzzled
snow conditions
spud, Ta

joneski, Boo. Any particular reason?
latest report
holidayloverxx, Apparently they left all the luggage from the 1pm Manchester flight off as there was a problem with a locking pin so they took it all off and left it behind.
The captain reassured us that all luggage was on board no worries even though we had run through heathroe as the 1pm flight got in at 16:25 for a 5 pm flight. However BA sent an email at 19:21 to let me know that "a" bag had been left behind. Pity they did not announce that some bags from the connecting flight had been left so about 20 ish people stood around waiting when we got to Vancouver.
Still no bags and its 8 am Monday, time to go through the cupboard of bits for all the old skiwear we left behind here "just in case".........
(its our own condo so at least we have some gear here) My boots were in hand luggage, so now its time to go and rent some boots and skis for everyone else.
snow report
luggage arrived! 10 am.
ski holidays
joneski, Phew that you have your own place, to raid the cupboard. It's really annoying when "they" don't tell the truth about luggage. I'm expecting the connecting flight at Kamloops to have some bags missing - happened to us at Kelwona because of the small planes.
snow report
When we have flown to Kamloops the luggage has normally made it. going home we have lost our luggage only once and that was out of Kelowna. We drove this time, the coquihalla was "interesting" only one lane open and at least one truck over the side on its roof with recovery trucks in attendance. It was the kind of journey that make me think we might just fly to Kamloops or kelowna next year, We drove last year it was fine, this year???? we will be charged for a new windscreen as one of the trucks struggling up the hill spat a rock out as its wheels were spinning and cracked the windscreen. Crying or Very sad
snow report
spud wrote:
Have a go at the Friday Race series... Great bunch of people, well run, plus filmed runs, shown in the bar afterwards shared with a few beers.

it only runs for a few weeks mid season..last race was Friday 14th Feb
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy