Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere restaurant recommendations please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All! Lookling for recommendations for a restaurant in VdI for chalet host's night off. Preference is for good food in a calm atmosphere (i.e., tables reasonably well spaced and not full of people making a bit too free with the vino).

A couple of years ago we had an excellent meal at L'Atelier d'Edmond, which we thought good value for the quality of the cooking. But I have just looked at their website and blanched a bit at their current prices, which are much higher than they were then.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Toviere in La Daille will do that trick nicely..... great food and calm atmosphere...... Le Barillon also in La Daille is good too!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Corniche is very good, and tends to be quieter (note, not quiet...)
Taverne D'Alsace is definitely quieter, and still very good.
1789 is very good, especially if you like Beef. Might fall down on the quiet front though, especially if you get unlucky as it's very popular with seasonaires on "blow out" nights out eating Cote De Bouef.
My favourite is the Lodge, excellent steak, though if you want quiet and well spaced tables, forget it.

To be honest in a whole season of having lots of people to stay (and hence getting taken out for dinner at least once a week) we never actually had a bad meal. Only place I'd actively not recommend is the Perdrix Blanche, and that's more personal preference against fish...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. these recommendations are really useful. Apart from the fish point (I love fish), how is the Perdrix Blanche?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peterkct, expensive. Very expensive. Also the decor is almost unique in val in that you'd struggle to know you were in a ski resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We'll my picks are (in no particular order):

Le Casserole
L'Avancher
L'Arolay (in Le Fornet but there are buses)

Of the above, probably L'Arolay is the quietest but if you're talking about Jan then I guess most places won't be heaving
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had a cheese-fest in Le Casserole last year, very tasty raclette
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steve Angus, Staying at La Toviere in 2 weeks time so good to know the restaurant is good.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody know of somewhere to get takeout crepes in La Daille? We have some usual places we visit in Val d'Isere to feed the kids addiction but not sure about La Daille.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very grateful to all. I'll consult the group, and am looking forward to a good evening out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for la Toviere, just come back from a week there with half board and every single dinner was amazing Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, no crepes in La Daille but take the train rouge bus and get off in the main square, two places there
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
muppet wrote:
Steve Angus, Staying at La Toviere in 2 weeks time so good to know the restaurant is good.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody know of somewhere to get takeout crepes in La Daille? We have some usual places we visit in Val d'Isere to feed the kids addiction but not sure about La Daille.

IMHO you can't beat the Grand Marnier bar in the centre of town for crepes
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+1 for the Grand Marnier bar
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We ate in Le Lodge on the host night off. Was pretty cheap and yummy. It's more near the centre of Val d'Isère
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy