Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski's - pre-book online or shop around in resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

This is my first post on Ski Heads so please be gentle!

I'm off to Alpe d'Huez on Saturday morning for a week and am delighted that the snow is looking great!

We'll be in the resort late morning and don't plan to ski until Sunday so will have time to sort stuff out but at the moment I can't decide whether to pre-hire my ski's or shop around in resort for a decent deal? I'm an intermediate skier and prefer to ride twin-tips when available. Anyone got any thoughts? Any deals out there?

Two skiers in our group are beginners so will be off to ski school for the mornings-any recommendations on a ski school and again should they book in resort?

Also pre-book lift pass or buy in resort?

Many thanks
Ian
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
surf4life, welcome to snowHeads Very Happy

You can normally get good discounts on ski hire online (Skiset, Twinner etc - check which shops are best for your accommodation). Doesn't mean you can't discuss what you would like when you get there.

Lift passes are usually the same price online or in resort. Check out resort website for offers depending on your group type/number of days etc.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also, if you do want to discuss skis in the shop pick a quieter time. Likely to be busy all day on a Saturday but probably better early afternoon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Ian
Personally I always pre-book ski hire and normally make use of either AlpinResort or Snobrainer middle men to book them.

If I have typed them correctly you should get auto clicked which give you discount codes.

I have no preference in the lift passes, so have pre-booked with TOs, pre-booked online directly, sorted it out with TOs on coach and gone to the lift pass office, prices all seem much the same regardless of route to me.

Hope you have a great time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone. Will have a look at the links provided this evening. I saw a deal on Sport 2000 yesterday for 50% off their black package so may go for that. Works about €110 all in with helmet and insurance.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,
I find Skimium to offer very good deals. You can get up to 40% off the price prebooking them online. There are extra 5% discounts for group bookings and if you have a decathlon card (which is really the only reason I have a decathlon card!).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pre book. Snowrental is another that I've used so regularly get discount codes from them.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter which one you use, you'll end up at the same shops anyway.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
surf4life, also, if you do book online and get a discount, make sure you bring copies of the booking (just in case a shop tries not to honour it - we had this once with a reputable shop in Les Gets which is affiliated to Twinner but apparently not when it comes to discounts online Toofy Grin They were fine in the end but a little arguing needed and we had the 'paperwork')
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

AlpinResort

AlpinResorts (with an extra S at the end) should give a linky to a discount code on here hopefully
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy, thanks Andy. That should also have been snowbrainer
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marmotte16 wrote:
check which shops are best for your accommodation.

This is quite important - from what I remember of ADH it has various 'bits' so that last thing you want to do is to schlep across town for your cheap deal, do that a couple of times (if you need to swap anything) and that cheep deal will feel more expensive - especially if you're missing valuable apres time.

If you know the name of the chalet/appartment block/hotel, then you should be able to find a resort map (google it) and then figure out from the alpinresorts.com guide to shops in the resort which is which. If you can't then post the accommodation details on this thread and someone will be able to tell you the nearest shop..
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
surf4life,

With Bertie basset's comments in mind also consider where you are if you're not going to pre-book your lift pass. From memory there's only one ticket office and it's in the Les Berger shopping centre - sort of on the right side of town if you're looking at a map.

But enjoy, it's a great resort. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Strongly suggest picking somewhere convenient for your accommodation/local lifts - we hired some near the Téléphérique des Grandes Rousses (DMC) and got the bucket lift up in our shoes each day, having left all gear including our own boots at the shop overnight - worked really well but if you were staying at Bergers then not so much.

For lessons I couldn't recommend Mel at Masterclass enough - two private lessons with him improved my skiing massively
http://www.masterclass.f9.co.uk/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy