Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CASTration!

Poster: A snowHead
CAST Binding system coming soon into Europe, we're looking for UK dealers and currently Direct sales for this winter. Which binding do you want to use, please email us at

sole@radicalsportsmanagement.com

http://casttouring.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might want to work on the site first.

When I click 'learn more' on the front page it takes me to http://themeforest.net/user/ThemeFusion
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CH2O, you offering the boot conversion service as well?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just get some dynafit / dukes and be done with it...

CAST = dumb and expensive idea.
It always amuses me when people believe they are too hardcore for existing touring solutions.
If you really are so *extremo* that you can only go descend in alpine bindings then just get some alpine treckers for £20 off ebay.
Much like the MFD all time plates I predict these wont be on sale in 2 years time.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 21-01-14 11:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Haggis_Trap, MFD are under already. Dynafit offers no elasticity, so go figure, unless you wanna Beast.

spyderjon, Yes have all the tooling arriving week after next.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^ Well if you want elasticity and DIN rated release then just get a Duke / Guardian rolling eyes
The number of people touring 1000m+ vertical so they can huck 10m+ cliffs on the way back down is tiny.
Though maybe watching a few ski movies would have you believe other wise Wink

Quote:
MFD are under already

Yip, and I give CAST 2 years maximum before they follow.
Because the market for their product is so miniscule...
Especially at the price they are charging for the plates + dyna toe + look binder.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Well if you want elasticity and DIN rated release then just get a Duke / Guardian

hahahahaha, and flat spots, c'mon, keep up Ludite!

the Market here is huge, dunno what that says to you but that means money and work to me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting on Mission Steeps it looked like Samuel Antawotsit had just attached some dynafit toes in front of his Looks and seemed to be using the Look toepiece as a heel riser.

CH2O, any inside knowledge on that?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Serious question: How would this compare in flexibility to a pair of skis quiver killered to accept a Marker Baron and a set of Dynafits? Or is the purpose of this (if I remember right) that you can swap the bindings easily while out? And does that mean you have to carry the parts?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
hahahahaha, and flat spots, c'mon, keep up Ludite!

^ lets face it though : the general skiing public are pretty dumb.
this is a nice solution to a problem that, for most skiers, doesn't really exist.

dynafit (for touring) or Duke / Guardian (for lift accessed and short skins) are a much better / simpler / cheaper options for the vast majority of scenarios.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So one needs to ruin two pairs of boots for this setup?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno wrote:
Interesting on Mission Steeps it looked like Samuel Antawotsit had just attached some dynafit toes in front of his Looks and seemed to be using the Look toepiece as a heel riser.

Stolen from the TGR CAST thread...

Guess he's not expecting to do many kick turns wink Bit cheaper and simpler than the CAST system though (and actually available right now, too).

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 21-01-14 12:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
So one needs to ruin two pairs of boots for this setup?

^ if you had any brains you would just buy a top end touring boot (with walk mode, 120/130 flex, vibram soles) rather than butcher some alpine boots with after market inserts.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
email us if interested. bye.
ski holidays
Serriadh wrote:
Stolen from the TGR CAST thread...

?
not sure how I can steal from something I've never read but congratulations on your encyclopaedic knowledge of TGR rolling eyes
snow report
Arno wrote:
not sure how I can steal from something I've never read but congratulations on your encyclopaedic knowledge of TGR rolling eyes

Er, the *photo* was stolen from the thread, sunshine.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 21-01-14 12:46; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Serriadh, ah - sorry - my work computer blocked the photo Embarassed
latest report
I forgive you wink
snow report
Quote:

if you had any brains you would just buy a top end touring boot (with walk mode, 120/130 flex, vibram soles) rather than butcher some alpine boots with after market inserts.

I didn't know you could buy inserts separately Smile But yeah, I agree. Either Fritschis/Dukes/Whatever with apline boots or Plums with proper touring boots.
ski holidays
I kind of agree with Haggis_Trap despite backing the project on Kickstarter although I don't think the idea having a short shelf-life actually makes it a failure in any way. These are basically a super niche product for people who really want to ski in alpine bindings in alpine boots (or the K2s) with high DINs but have to tour a lot to get to whereever. At least I'll always have a cool t-shirt. Smile

Of course being a super niche product in skiing there will be a ton of people buying it because of how "rad" they are. In the same way loads of people needlessly ski Dukes.

The Beast, Zenith, Ion and new Radical all look like good contenders for the freeride/touring crossover. Plenty of pros on the Beast now including the Likebombing poo-poo-Be Nice please! conditions bloke. If boots continue to improve then they become viable to a wider group of riders. None of that makes serving a bunch of people that aren't right now a silly thing to do though.
ski holidays
Quote:

Of course being a super niche product

Like Wide Skis, former Freerando Bindings, Freerando Boots…………………….all been "Niche'" once.
snow report
Cast/Lars will probably sell his PP, license it or succeed. Like the Plum guys, Boot manufacturers, Boutique Ski Brands, et al.
snow conditions
CH2O, just because another niche product has become popular doesn't mean all do there was one mentioned earlier this thread for example. There has to be some reason average people will want to swap between an alpine and tech toe that isn't covered by the more elastic tech bindings coming this and next year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy