Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Montgenevre - any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm taking my family back to Montgenevre over the half term. Can anybody reocmmend a good place to hire skis. All intermediates so nothing special, just looking for decent equipment, good service and reasonable prices - 2 adults and 4 children, so lots of gear to hire!

I've seen Pavesi which has a shop by residence Angles (Intersport) and Astier Sports (Skiset).

Does anybody have any experinces with the above or can you recomment and other places?

Thanks

SnowSpyder
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've used Pavesi twice (shop on the start of the main drag about 100m downhill from the maison de montgenevre), both times very good. Think we got discount codes via alpinresort.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think we hired our skis from the Skiset shop in Hameau d'Obelisque (the area where the newer apartments are) and they were fine. We had a bad experience with Sport 2000 but this is going back about 4 years.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are taking lessons, then hiring from a shop near Espace Partenaires, where ESF and A-Peak are based, is the easiest option. That means SnowBox, run by Jerome, who is a good guy. http://www.skidiscount.co.uk/ski-hire-montgenevre/snowbox

If you are staying in the new area, Hameau de l'Obelisque, then Skimium-Riquet Sports, run by Sandrine, is best, and best to book online.

http://www.skimium.co.uk/store/skimium-riquet-sports-305

If you ARE taking lessons, I strongly urge you to book NOW, since both ski schools will be busy at half-term. I STRONGLY recommend A-Peak, who are far more personable that ESF, and their classes are smaller...A-Peak is owned by the two brothers Nico and Séb Charles. I am not on any form of commission! It just happens that Séb has been improving my on-piste and off-piste skiing for the last 4 years and has become a friend. A-Peak also have more fun for kids, including a 'Spot the Yeti' game on the last day of kids' ski school...a Yeti skis around doing crazy stuff and doing 'High Fives' with the kids. Beat the website anonymity...Contact Séb direct on his mobile, 0033 6 71 63 38 04 or office on 0033 4 92 24 49 97. If Séb is not there, speak to Nico, or the other brother, Victor; all speak excellent English. But do it FAST..they are almost fully booked at half-term. Mention my name...Andy...and you will get even higher priority!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everybody for the helpful replies..
I've decided to go with Pavesi as they come recommmended and have a shop on the ground floor of the apartments we're staying in..

ibenzeenees - I can second your recommendation about Apeak - we've been with them 3 times before and they are really good. I know Seb - I booked lessons for the kids a few weeks ago Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy