Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 83 info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy a new pair of skis, and I think I'm leaning toward the Rossignol Experience 83's. I am looking for some feedback to see if this is a good choice for me.

I'm an intermediate level skier, I used to go out more frequently 8+ years ago, and my skills have diminished slightly, but I'm trying to get back into it. I'm think I'll be going out 1-2 weeks a season, I ski up to blue's confidently, and straight forward blacks are okay. I'm trying to regain my skill and confidence in more challenging terrain like crud, bumps, moguls, trees etc. I might do the odd powder run once I get the feel for it again, but it won't be frequent.

I'm thinking these Experience 83's will be a good fit for where I am now ability wise and where I want to be. My question is if this is a good fit, and more importantly, what size ski should I be considering? I'm a slightly out of shape 5'8 190lbs, probably more comfortable at 175lbs, which I'm working at getting too. I currently ski an Atomic 9:18 in 155cm, which is a pretty small ski, which I used to like, but feel like its too small for my size now.

Anyways, I'm looking for suggestions, I am leaning toward the 168cm size ski, but they also come in 176cm, which I think might work too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At 5'8 I would say the 176cm will be too long, especially given the type of skiing you say you want to be doing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you skied on them yet?

I worked in a hire shop last season, and the Experiences were something of a marmite ski. The tip is pretty wide and not very tapered, and so can be quite grabby, so if you don't like that / aren't prepared for it it can really throw you.

I would say we probably got more people bringing that ski back after a couple of days than any other ski, especially lower intermediates. On the other hand it also got rave reviews from those who liked that characteristic.

But, my advice would be that it's not a ski to buy without having skied it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Different skis have such different characteristics that you should always try before buying. What suits skier A can be difficult for skier B. If you are expecting to improve after a few years' break, why not rent now and try different pairs during the week? You may find that skis which suit you now will disappoint you in a couple of years' time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy