Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to go

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking for a skiing resort which provides good nightlife and good skiing, I am a intermediate skier. Looking to go on the 5th of april I had pas de la casa in mind but not sure what the snow will be like then can anyone help?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi,

i do not know much about the nightlife in these place since i just drive there for the day from the city for skiing. but i could give you an idea about some places in French Alpes. 2 Alpes has nice challenging reds all over, it is quite big and has a lil village. Alpe D'Huez also has some reds with a very nice view, although i always find its blues very disconnected. But if you are thinking about some doable blacks, they have quite a variety. i personally really like 7 laux, i find its runs nicely connected. as in, you have to take to take less chairlifts for the same amount of skiing. it is a medium size resort, so maybe not very interesting for the night.

i had spent some weeks in kleinwalsertal, austria. and in general, although i luv the runs of these French resorts, i find the apres in austria more fun. you hear the silly fun music with a mass in the hands already at the home run. Smile

enjoy!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a family man I have not personally sampled the 'night life' but I believe Morzine has plenty to offer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I were going 5th April, I would be suggesting Verbier, St Anton, Ischgl,Val d Sere, Alpe d Huez, Les Deux Alpes depending on your budget. I can't comment on Andora but guess it will be cheaper than the majority of these options. Unless its school holidays I would leave it late to book and look for a deal. I wouldnt be too keen on Morzine in April unless i was booking the week before.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100 wrote:
If I were going 5th April, I would be suggesting Verbier, St Anton, Ischgl, Val d Sere, Alpe d Huez, Les Deux Alpes depending on your budget.

True, i didn't pay attention on the date. One has to pick a glacier. Last year, for instance, the lower parts of all 2 Alpes were closed by that time, whereas two years ago it was in a better shape, unless my memory tricks me. For 2 Alpes, one didn't miss out on much, there is enough interesting stuff 2800m and up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
p8cgr, welcome to snowHeads.

If you are looking to book now, I'd probably suggest focusing on somewhere with access to a glacier. If you can wait, then do so and see where the best conditions are.

For some good nightlife and skiing with ease of access to a glacier, I'd probably suggest somewhere like Mayrhofen, though I believe the Zillertal may not have had the best of it so far.

Otherwise, Val d'Isere, Tignes, Val Thoren.

Should leaving booking be OK, check out Saalbach Hinterglemm. Great skiing and apres.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
p8cgr,
Quote:

We are looking for a skiing resort which provides good nightlife and good skiing, I am a intermediate skier. Looking to go on the 5th of april

I'm sure there are a number of resorts that could provide one of those, but for both, the only place I can think of is Sölden, Austria.

As Cacciatore has said Val Thoren is a viable alternative but (IMHO) the nightlife is not as good, and is considerably more expensive.

Hope you wotk something out. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy