Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back in the sport and need new skis - E88 vs Head Titan vs Salomon XT850

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I live on the east coast of Canada, sometimes venture over to New England. Strictly what I guess is called a 'front side' skier? I like challenging runs, but not off piste, no trails through the woods. I'm basically comfortable skiing any of the groomed trails at the New England resorts as long as they aren't moguls.

40 years old, been skiing off and on since age 4, but not so much in the past 10 years (kids, etc). 5'10, 180 pounds.
Used to ski on Dynastar airflows (190's I think). About 12 years ago I got my first set of parabolic skis, Atomic C9 Beta Carves. They seem to work fine for me, but I don't find them very fun....they almost turn too easy? I was sold 170's. I remember shortly after I tried one of the Salomon offerings (again, this would have been around 2002-3) in a 183 length, and found them more fun, not sure if it was the length, or different ski.
Heck, going -way- back, in my dynastar airflow days, I remember demoing a pair of K2 Unlimited's, and remember thinking how stiff they felt, and I loved that feeling.

Anyway, to the present....I'd like to replace the Atmoics. I don't necessarily have the ability to demo, as nice as that would be. But based on store stock and pricing, I've narrowed the choices to E88's in a 178, Salomon XT 850s (177?), and the Head i.supershape titans in 170 (was told I'd be better off sticking with 170 in this one).

Help! Thx!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iTitan in a 170cm, on my third pair, nothing better out there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thx. I was really undecided. The shop that had the E88's and the titans in stock had a 200 price difference between them, $599 for the E88, $799 for the titans, both include bindings. Went in after work today intending to buy the E88, and they offered me the titans for 649. Smile
So went with titans in 170 length.
Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy