Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lebara France v MyFrenchMobile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get a French PAYG SIM for an old iPhone 3GS that my son uses. I want him to have it in his pocket while he is at ski school so I can reach him and vice versa. The Lebara PAYG rates are good but it appears you can’t get a SIM until you are in France. MyFrench Mobile are slightly more expensive but they will send the SIM to the UK. Has anyone used these and/or had any experience of getting a Lebara SIM on arrival in France? We are flying in to Chambery and then on a bus to Val d’Isere.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i use le french mobile, easy to set up, post anywhere, and the data/credit that you purchase doesnt expire which was the problem you get with most french and uk payg.

not sure how it compares to myfrench mobile, but i'd recomend them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My error. I should have said Le French Mobile and not "My". Embarassed
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if you're only there for a week then why bother - it's only 7p per text or 24ppm to call a uk mobile (on O2, post-pay for example)

assuming it's just for 'emergencies' then it's unlikely to be more than a 2-3 minute call - and would you begrudge a 75p call if you've missed each other at the meet up spot...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My sons phone doesn't have a SIM in it so I had the choice of either getting a UK sim or a French one. I decided that french would be best as it is likely that he will want to call home as my wife will be back home in the uk.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gaza wrote:
My sons phone doesn't have a SIM in it so I had the choice of either getting a UK sim or a French one. I decided that french would be best as it is likely that he will want to call home as my wife will be back home in the uk.

Thats why skype was invented
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are frequent users of Skype as I generally work away from Monday to Thursday. However Skype is only viable if there is wifi and I doubt there will be much coverage on the slopes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any one had any recent experience of LeFrenchMobile. They do some cheap data bundles, ie 1GB data for €25 so debating whether to take the plunge before the summer hols.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaza, check out the three deal, it includes France as if you were in the uk.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jbob, So I can buy a Pay As You Go + 1. Pre-loaded with 1GB and valid up to 30 days. Topped up and ready to go. 1GB data, Valid for 1 month, £10.49 upfront cost. and use that in France. Sounds very good , is there a catch ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BergenBergen, don't think so. Make sure your iphone isn't locked to the original provider, if it is they should unlock it if it's out of contract. Also the right sized sim, best get it in a shop. Some providers don't support visual voice mail on the iPhone.
I'm thinking of ditching O2 this winter, their roaming deal is rubbish. I've used french SIM cards but they tend to have a time limit on them. You will need ID for a French card and maybe 3.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jbob, I will put this in an old unlocked android phone and then set it as a portable hotspot. Im with O2 and I was getting through 15mb of data in about 30 minutes (somehow ??, maybe app updates) on my last trip to France hence looking for an alternative. For £10.50, its worth a punt, nothing ventured etc . The good thing about the LeFrenchMobile was that they keep the SIM active when unused, but at a cost of €1,5 a month. The 3 sim is a better option all round.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also have a look at joe mobile -- think a french version of Giff Gaff.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Three "feel at home" deal does NOT allow tethering, so if you're going to set it up as a portable hotspot you'll need to get quite techie to work around this. If you are going to spoof it, then you're better off with the mobile phone (rather than data only) plan that I think includes 25GB for £15 as well as calls and texts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy