Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mark Warner interview

Poster: A snowHead
I have a mark warner interview coming up on Tuesday 21st but I dont know want it is going to be like. i would appreciate it if someone who has been through this could tell me what it is like. I have an interview to be a nanny for the winter. What questions would they be asking. I really want to get the job. Also if I get the job when do we know what resort we are going to or can we choose the resort.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is this for next season?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tdaulphi, Nanny is the worst job in resort. Don't do it! Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevomcd, apparently they do it bacause they want to look after kids and it looks good on the cv, rather than for ski time. I don't get it either, but there you go.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nannies never went skiing they just went drinking - switch to chalet hosting - far more sociable unless you prefer to spend all your waking hours with the mini-folk
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My interview was for this season. I love working with children and always have so wouldn't do any other job. Hopefully they get back to me soon to let me know if I get the job.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tdaulphi, best of luck. We are going on holiday with Mark Warner for there childcare but this our first season with them. If you get it do you know where you would be?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks. I have requested to go to Les Deux Alpes.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's where we are going, we are flying out 13th April
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe see you then if I get the job
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard wrote:
stevomcd, apparently they do it bacause they want to look after kids and it looks good on the cv, rather than for ski time. I don't get it either, but there you go.

Not to derail this thread any more but I worked in the med for a UK holiday company as a sailing instructor and it was the same. The nannies would barely go onto the beach let alone into the water. I couldn't understand it either.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lucky not everybody is the same, else the world would be a very dull place!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tdaulphi - my suggestion would be to emphasise your genuine desire and experience around the childcare side of things and make sure you do NOT come across as just wanting to spend time on the mountains and in the bars. They'll want you to have a personality but to always put the safety and happiness of the kids you are looking after first.

My brother did 5 seasons working in resorts and from his experience they want common sense, calmness when things go wrong, sense of humour, ability to handle irate/stressed holidaymakers and initiative (actually lots of initiative).

And ignore the doubters on here, if you have a genuine interest in childcare then any experience is useful, and if you get to some time in the mountains whilst you are at it so much the better.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agree with London_Falcon, enthusiasm for actual job and adaptabity is what they are looking for. Go for it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tdaulphi, people who have reported on holidays with built-in childcare often rave about how good it was, how super the nannies were, how the kids loved them etc etc. so it's just as well that some people actually want to do the job in resort, rather than just get maximum snowtime. Good luck with the interview. My only advice would be to think in advance of some recent examples of your child-care experience which illustrate the qualities they are looking for - resilience, adaptability, etc. It can be hard to do that when put on the spot, in an interview - your mind goes blank!
ski holidays
Tdaulph's interview was on Tuesday - 3 days ago.
Any news?
My info about nannies is they may not go skiing much, but instead they do a lot of horizontal exercise. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Tdaulph's interview was on Tuesday - 3 days ago.
Any news?
My info about nannies is they may not go skiing much, but instead they do a lot of horizontal exercise. Toofy Grin

You naughty person !

However my youngest (and a girl) is on her third season and I'm afraid whenever she talks about the childcare assistants and their non-work activities, by far the most consistently used phrase seems to be "nanny fanny". Whether the reputation is deserved or not is another matter of course
latest report
After you've done a season or two in a resort where Esprit have a big presence, and also Mark Warner, you can spot childcare a mile off! There are the odd ones that get mountain time whenever they can, but they are definitely in the minority. But then being a Nanny is a professional choice given they all have to be qualified and gain experience (which is why a lot choose seasons from what it gather from those I've spoken to).
ski holidays
Haven't heard back from them yet. Hope it is not a bad sign. I really want to go out and be a nanny for the season. I just love working and being around children.
snow report
Good luck with the response - if you get it, they're a great company to work for but just make sure that you make an effort to get onto snow on your day off. I worked a season for a similar company and loved it. I made my room mate who was a nanny ski whenever she could and by the end of the season she was totally hooked which makes it so much more worthwhile. Also, if you happen not to get it, give them a call and ask if you can do the peak weeks - the company i went with takes people out for just those weeks and always need extra staff.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy