Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Bettaix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked a chalet in Les Bettaix & have friends who have booked in hotels in Les Menuires, no problem we have figured out that 2 chairs out will drop us in the LM the question I have is 'apres'.

If we were to stay in Les Menuires at the end of the day for a spot of apres is there a bus service or taxi facility to get us back to Les Bettaix?

Also we need to hire skis & boots for our youngest aged 14years & would welcome recommendations either in Les Bettaix or Les Menuires.

Going for Feb half term, can't wait will be a change from Tignes for the last 3 years Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I expect there are taxis but to the best of my knowledge there is no bus service that will take you down there. Why not take a head torch and ski home !

I would highly recommend ski-box in les menuires for rental and service. Very nice people who I bought the skis I still use from. That trip I did a tour of all the shops and reckoned that ski-box was a great find, albeit not an easy one! Where the piste goes through the middle of Croisette (down to mass) on the left hand (bell tower) side go down to the lower level and its the end shop of that section. You can also get to it outside going down the steps (beware they can be slippy). I took my skis back for an edge and wax when I was there at christmas and for 2 pairs of skis that was 14Euros each. I don't know anywhere I can get it cheaper (and an excellent job).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andyrew, also they've got a great dog. It's worth going in just to give the massive beast a cuddle!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyrew wrote:
I expect there are taxis but to the best of my knowledge there is no bus service that will take you down there. Why not take a head torch and ski home !

I would highly recommend ski-box in les menuires for rental and service. Very nice people who I bought the skis I still use from. That trip I did a tour of all the shops and reckoned that ski-box was a great find, albeit not an easy one! Where the piste goes through the middle of Croisette (down to mass) on the left hand (bell tower) side go down to the lower level and its the end shop of that section. You can also get to it outside going down the steps (beware they can be slippy). I took my skis back for an edge and wax when I was there at christmas and for 2 pairs of skis that was 14Euros each. I don't know anywhere I can get it cheaper (and an excellent job).

Thanks andyrew for info on buses, my thoughts are it's probably a bit out on a limb & yes taxis maybe the answer, or we get one of the teenagers insured & they can drive the 'oldies' home Very Happy

As for ski hire yes I will drive upto Les Menuires & have a look for ski hire, or better still will use the internet to book Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What about current restaurant/bars in the village?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
swiftoid wrote:
andyrew, also they've got a great dog. It's worth going in just to give the massive beast a cuddle!

Ha would probably find it difficult not to call in for a cuddle as we have 2 springer spaniels [who will be on holiday at the same time rolling eyes ]

Funny thing is around 13 years ago on a family holiday when our son was aged 4.5 years we stayed @ a Crystal catered chalet in Le Lac, Tignes called Lavachet next to the Alpaka & there was a chalet host called 'Swerve' [great fun guy] who emptied the bins one night with our son & called in @ The Alpaka for a swift one!

We didn't believe our son, but he mentioned the 'big' dog & it was only the following year when we returned & called in @ The Alpaka that we discovered the truth!

And we have been there for the last 2 years for Apres, fantastic bar, free wifi & if you get it right they bring out free food/snacks Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy