Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of earlybird flights to Vancouver - Easter 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Starting to organise for Whistler 2015 at Easter.

Can anyone who's done these flights before from the UK make any suggestions as to what the flights might cost at earliest booking opportunity?

We'll be able to fly on the Friday 3rd April.

Just costed up for this easter for a quick comparison and even now they're not too bad with BA.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've always used Ski Safari for Whistler and they've been very good at helping us choose the dates to suit the best flight prices. Might be wort having a chat with them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, Earliest isnt always the cheapest, unfortunately. We've found that when the flights come out they seem to be 'testing the water' and then have reductions on them later on - the key is to check and keep checking. We had about £90 reduction this year on when they were first released, and are paying less than last years for the same flight Smile

Having done your costings for this Easter, you can compare the prices when they flights are released for next. it might be an idea to check how many seats are left on this Easters flight - if not many you know they are selling at market prices, if a lot they are reducing them. Its always a gamble when booking, as to what will happen.

Have just checked our vehicle hire, for our trip in Feb and the prices have started to rise again, but I'd already booked it last July and they have been falling steadily until christmas. The hire company guarantee the cheapest price so if it falls you just ring them and they alter it. However the onus is on you to check Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Bones, useful info.

SnowMonkey69, at the moment, I'm trying to decide if we're going with Ski Safari or booking it all ourselves. Realistically, it looks like there's not going to be enough of a saving to justify going independent, especially on accommodation. Have checked alluradirect etc and there's not much of a saving for our party size.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't help, used Avios for recent trip.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shoogly, also worth keeping a eye on fx rate ATM as at 5 ish year high ...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at Air Transat for flights to Canada (including Vancouver). They are usually a lot cheaper than BA and Air Canada plus in addition to your 23KG checked baggage allowance you can take ski gear (ie a pair of ski's and boots etc up to 20KG) for free. I've never been there but have looked at flights a lot and compared both in advance and short notice, Air Transat are always the cheapest. We did Breckenridge last year and did it all ourselves with BA flights from Aberdeen - it did work out cheaper than a package. That said I got season tickets way in advance (MUCH cheaper than a weeks lift pass) and traded in about £100 of clubcard vouchers for Avios.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Air Transat cheaper than CanadianAffair ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's all the same company. CanadianAffair is owned by the same company as Air Transat......Transat A T. If you search for flights on either website you get the same prices....certainly that I have found anyway.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone know when they, air transat, release the 2015 flights?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having previously been with main carriers on indie holidays (Air Canada, BA etc) I've come round the thinking that it's cheaper to go package to Canada and the States, where they use a charter flight.

That said, I was idly looking last week for next year too and there were Air Canada flights for around £675 I think, which wasn't too steep I didn't think. (From memory though.)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Transat from LGW always seems way cheaper than anything from LHR.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Transat from LGW always seems way cheaper than anything from LHR.

....if you can get to LGW.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hear it has a train station, and is near a road.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr Pieholeo,
We tried this out the other year when air transat pulled our vancouver flight from Manchester.
It was 3 trains a metro (tram) and the underground with 3 adults 2 kids and skis and boots and luggage the new flight is at 9am at lgw.
We could have driven down after work on a friday then hotel overnight. We just got a refund on the flights as the change was not acceptable and re book with BA. The shuttle down is included in the cost of the flight, and it saves carting all that stuff on and off trains, or sitting squished up in the car for a friday night drive to London. As we live only 40 mins from the airport then we can take most of the luggage down to the airport the night before. Then drive down and park one car it's ok when we comeback as some of us stay on a week or more longer so its 2 trips back from the airport as well.
Canadian affair usually have a sale on at sometime you get about £50 per person off.
BA try to book when they have a offer on. Register for avios points then use the points every couple of years towards a flight.
Accommodation bookings may not be available to be booked yet, it to soon.
snow conditions
shoogly, Its worth holding off booking accommodation yet not everyone will have put their dates up for 2015.
The condos you can book through allura and ownerdirect are often bigger and better equipped.
ski holidays
I've booked to go this April and booked through American Classics in June last year (who can book all, part or just one part of your holiday with fab customer service).

Flights: I did look at AirTransat but the flight date/times/departure airports did not offer much flexibilty in terms of frequency or quite at the right times for us. Also, we fly into Vancouver but out of Calgary, which makes things slightly less straight forward.
Price wise, Airtransat was coming up at about £750, BA about £900 rtn but we felt it worth paying the extra for more convenience and choice (we are going for 15 days). However, less ££ on UK travel as can fly from closer airport, can park car with family saving ££ on airport parking, better dates/times. So probably make at least half of that extra spending back.

BA allow you to take ski equipment for free, but at present it is part of your 23kg luggage allowance rather than additional to it. If I understand this correctly?

In terms of accommodation and lift pass, I looked at doing this DIY and through various agencies (SkiBig3, etc) and American Classics came up cheapest by roughly £50pp for same hotel/lift pass combos, second to SkiBig3. Other places and DIY did not come close. Booking early on lift passes is a good idea, they often have deals like free extra days.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy