Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We have finally got there....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Learning to snowboard is a young persons game. Its does hurt. It goes against the principles of learning to ski, you need steep and flat becomes your enemy.

We could ski and ski well but we just wanted to try boarding, we go often enough, why not? I have written here before of our pain in learning but the last 2 weeks we have been out in Les Arcs (March 2013) and last week we have had good snow so we have done a lot of boarding. Finally on Friday we spent the whole day on our boards and bombed around Les Arcs with only a minor sit down.

In fairness to my wife, very few women her age would have tried boarding but she did and she fell, she fell a lot but she never gave up (ok once or twice she stomped in swearing loudly) but she got back out there and on Friday I was struggling to keep up with her Laughing Embarassed

Its taken a few years, ok we did take a few breaks from it but yes I think after our day on Friday we can officially say we have entered the dark side Skullie Toofy Grin and boy its fun gliding along.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, well done, having tried it, at an advanced age, I fully realise and applaud the extent of your success! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good for you and the Mrs.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Yes my wife was referencing you last week, hats off to you both. Cool Cool

rob@rar, Thanks, it was all about learning a new skill, the skis have not been thrown out though as you will never see me on Comborciere on a board wink Laughing Moguls and boards?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, well done for persevering Very Happy I seem to remember you had a thread once saying you'd tried it but didn't get it and might give up Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
well done thefatcontroller, good on you both for sticking it out. Time to keep track of how many days you do both disciplines!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah, Yes, well remembered, its been a bitter and bruising battle between us and our boards. The turning point was 2 years ago on a hot March afternoon. The snow was slushy and we don't like skiing in that so we decided to get the boards out once more. We then realised that slush is fantastic to practice boarding on. I did write at the time that is anyone is skiing in spring and doesn't like the slushy afternoon snow it is perfect to board on.

dennisp, That would depend on snow condition's. I would happily never seen my skis again as that would mean we were seeing fresh snow the whole time Cool. The second we see ice and cold then skis come back on. Bizarelly we also quite like moguls, I am crap on them, the wife is very good, so it gives her great joy to take me down a mogul field and watch me fail miserably and moguls are for skis....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, indeed

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 2-02-14 14:59; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well done the thefatcontroller and welcome to the dark side. You're nearly there, you need to shed one last vestige of the two plank regime, just a slight mental adjustment, in your last post you use the word practice. With snowboarding you don't need to practice it, you just do it. (please mentally ignore any brand association there). But genuinely well done to you both for sticking with it through the pain and for what it's worth I'm with you on the moguls side of things, I can do them but they're not much fun so I don't bother with them.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 20-01-14 12:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, well glad you got there with it Smile If I lose some weight and get fitter I might try it!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rogg, Fair point and in the Les Arcs thread I did refer a lot to going out and practicing on our boards but definitely after we finished on Friday we knew we had not been practicing but boarding and boy that felt good. Cool Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy