Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beitostolen, Norway

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just book a family holiday to beitostolen in Norway for the week after Christmas 2014.
Has anyone been the and what do they think. I'm happy with the resort and it looks ideal to get the kids into the snow.
I'm just a bit concerned that it might be to cold for the kids.
Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Mat666,

Welcome to Snowheads.

I have just booked for Beitostølen too (for the first time) but we are going in March. I will report back. I have been to the Norwegian mountains many times, so could answer general questions. Let me know if there's anything you particularly want to know.

There is a risk it could be very cold mid-winter, so take plenty of warm clothes, and maybe some hand warmers etc.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nordicfan, will you be doing nordic or downhill skiing on that trip?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Nordic - the clue's in the user-name wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.
I'll be going downhill skiing.
We have booked it for New Year's Eve to try and avoid the mad crowds of France and Austria, but it will be my youngest sons first time skiing (8yo). I've read some reports it can get really cold, I didn't want that to spoil it for him.
Any other suggestions for a quiter resort over the new year period?
Cheers.
Matt.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Any other suggestions for a quiter resort over the new year period?

Most resorts I know seem to get pretty busy at New Year - Christmas is a LOT quieter. I spent the New Year week cross-country skiing to avoid the crowds and the lift queues.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well I said I would report back and then completely forgot. However I am now back there for the second time.

We are on a Crystal package for the second time too. The price was a bargain when we booked in November. They do a Sunday charter Gatwick to Fagernes and then a 45 min transfer. It's been a good travelling experience. Quiet airports both ends although completely different in scale.

Beitostølen is a small resort with only a couple of hotels but heaps of s/c cottages. As a consequence it has more shops and cafés than other Norwegian resorts that I have been to. Our Hotel is great and just across a minor road from the lifts. We chose it for the cross country skiing which starts 100m away and is very good. The downhill skiing looks small compared with Alpine resorts, but we are travelling with two downhillers who are having a lot of fun. Quiet/empty slopes midweek, no lift queues, and perfect pistes. According to them the pistes are great for beginners and intermediates. Better skiers are either hooning about all over the place or playing in the off-piste through the trees.

There has been a big dump of powder and more forecast, and we seem to have missed all the big storms. I was worried it might be too cold in January but it's been excellent skiing weather.

The big mystery is, given the snow shortage in many Alpine resorts, why you aren't all here?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy