Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Les Carroz links to Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a mixed ability group and hope to stay in Les Carroz early March. The beginner wants to take lessons whilst others want to explore the area. Does anyone know how accessible Flaine and the wider area is from Les Carroz and can we ski all the way back at the end of the day. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mfamily2, Very accessible. I have stayed in Morrillon and Flaine and regularly skied to Les Carroz on both trips. Les Carroz has a Gondola, so even if snow conditions were not great at the bottom, you could take the lift down, but I doubt that would be the case in March. Here is a piste map from the Flaine website that shows the links.

http://www.flaine.com/en/ski-piste-map.php#
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How was the skiing?? Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mfamily2, I have had really good trips there. Excellent snow and plenty of it. If it snows hard, then Les Carroz/Morrillon/Samoens are the places to be because the visibility is better. Not many trees really in the Flaine bowl. In my view, the best mountain food stops are on the Les Carroz side. I think that quite a few SH's have skied the area and know it well, so expect more positive posts on your thread snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbunny, Many thanks for that.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mfamily2, as snowbunny, says the link is easy - only three lifts and you're there - and quick as most of the crowd is heading in the other direction.

You can ski to the bottom station in Les Carroz by at least two routes, then a free bus takes you into town.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were in Les Carroz last April and the snow was great. The whole area is quite accessable but we found the Flaine bowl a bit of a disappointment as conditions were so good around Les Carroz Morillion etc. Be careful about skiing back at the end of the day as lift closing times are not on the piste map ( as i recall ) and if you are in Flaine or Morillion or anywhere where you cant ski straight back to Les Carroz when the lifts shut you are looking at a large taxi fare as there are no free ski buses linking the area. However the run back to Les Carroz is great with two ( I think ) slopeside huts to stop and have a last drink and then final blast back down to Les Carroz.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mfamily2

Yep I agree the links are very good and Flaine as a ski-resort is very good - lots of off piste.
We've never had bad snow and we've been 7/8 times before.
Just watch the lift closing times about 4.30 in early winter oterwise you can get stuck over there. It can get very cold too on the Grands Van just before you enter flaine so wrap up well if there is a wind!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mfamily2, Links are very easy.....just watch out for bad weather closing in if you go over the top to Flaine, the links are prone to closing in poor conditions which can leave you stranded. There are lots of boards around the resort showing the status of the links....if they start to turn red and show ferme then head on home as soon as you can or you might have the experience that we did of being cranked up the mountain one chair at a time everytime the gales dropped enough to let the lifty out of his hut! Not an experience I'd like to repeat....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi I agree with everyone so far, I stayed i Les Carroz in March 04, it takes at least 45 mins to get to Flaine Centre, via 3 lifts and some good runs en route. On returning to Les Carroz watch out for the run "perce neige" it is a blue, but involves a long schuss and polling to get to the end, it can be a killer at the end of the day. The skiing in the whole area was great, rns to Samoens and Morrilon can offer protection form the wind if it blows, there are superb views to Mont Blanc from the top of the gondola in Flaine, Mephisto from here is good into the town.
Good food in Les Carroz, with a really good deli selling lots of nice fresh ingreients and also some home made ready meals.
I will certainly be returning.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mfamily2, I'd echo thoughts so far. very good choice. Carroz can become busy when the French are on holiday, but they tend to start later in the day. Lovely confidence inspiring pistes around the Carroz Morrilon area for a beginner, and it won't be long before they can do the long runs from the top of the gondola, and in particular Marvel into Morrilon. Great piste skiing, but the off piste needs guiding and can be dangerous.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree with all the above, we have an apartment in Samoens, and the whole area is easily reached in and out during the day. When we were there the links back over to Samoens got closed too much snow (if there is such a thing) so we had to catch a bus from Morillon - not sure if it goes the other way. I know if you needed to get back from Flaine that would be a problem! But as everyone else has said, the links are good, the runs are great (and tree lined) around Les Carroz and Morillon - plus some great blacks over in Samoens.,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy