Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake Louise DownHill

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The mens downhill from Lake Louise is live on British Eurosport at 7.30 tonight and the super G tomorrow (at the same time I think)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super! We are off there in 51 sleeps so gives a good chance to scope the early conditions! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want the results they're here [FIS site], with a report from Ski Racing here.

At the time of posting the results were provisional.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope I'm not giving too much away, but Bode Miller's run was very entertaining - heart in your mouth stuff Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good result for Finlay ? I'm not sure he'll be that happy, I bet his 'goalposts' have moved a bit after last season
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf, a solid result for the first race, but I think you're right that expecatations are higher for him this season than last. Top 10 finishes rather than top 20 should be seen as a great result, and a podium place some time during the season would be wonderful Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was very interesting. I think Finlay should be happy with 19th. After all he finished up 28th at the end of last season. Anywhere in the top 30 is excellent for a Brit. He can build on this (hopefully). I'm sure he'll be aiming for top 10 or even top 5, but top 20 is excellent. He beat a number of big names (including that man Miller).

The most intresting thing was (due to the light Im sure) the triumph of experience over agression. All of the top 5 are over 30, and, curiously, they were all on different equipment - I wonder how often that happens. I should think the Austrians were delighted after Darren Rhalves remarks Laughing . The Swiss also skied really well, and look set for a comeback this year.

I'm really looking forward to the Super G today (assuming it doesn't snow too much to run it). Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, did you notice how they all kept their legs locked together on the final tuck? Wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well done Findlay, I say. Just look at all the big names behind him. They didn't want to be there! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, Absolutely - and how they drew back their inside ski?????????? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I watched the coverage on Channel 4 on Sunday morning... I have to say I thought the commentating was awful. On a number of occasions the commentators suggested that this skier or that skier was in with a chance, when it was patently obvious they were carrying less speed into the final glide and were already behind on time. That man Strobl had an awesome second half of his run actually increasing the his time lead over the final gliding section !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I agree with Ritchie S
Commentating was cr*p, lot's of stupid comments that were wrong.
David Vine used to be great on Ski Sunday.

How about getting Murray Walker to do it !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
provenjohn wrote:
I agree with Ritchie S
Commentating was cr*p, lot's of stupid comments that were wrong.

In his defence I found Nick Fellows commentary more exciting than the restrained tones of Patrick Winterton on Eurosport the night before. I like commentators who enthuse about the sport. Although a fan of David Vine, by all accounts his skiing knowldege was pretty sketchy, and to be fair both Fellowes and Winterton were international skiiers snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hywel, , I agree. I saw both and compared to the Eurosport commentary (wasn't it John Clarke?) the C4 was miles better. Still nice to see live skiing on TV though, so can't complain. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy