Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti di Brenta, 2013/14, – Madonna di Campiglio, Folgarida, Marilleva, Pinzolo

Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to Madonna di Campiglio for half term, anyone on the ground know what it's like there at the moment? Starting this thread in expectation Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
good shout there's a few snowheads heading their next weekend including

rob@rar, skimottaret, Bertie Bassett, Linds, Dabski, AnarchicSaltire, Pedantica and probably a few more I've forgotton/not met yet. Well try and update the thread with some photos and other suitably non-informative posts..

webcams look good
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, You forgot me!! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anybody else on the 1315 BA flight? Meet up at Gatwick somewhere? (Going to take a cab, as trains to Gatwick screwed that day. Sad )
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Iski wrote:
And bladeskier.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, Think we, dabski +1 and bertie are on it.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 17-01-14 0:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica, I am.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.funiviecampiglio.it/panoramawebcam/spinale/

It may have been snowing...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anarchicsaltire, Iski, I think some are going on an earlier EJ flight. How are you guys getting to Gatters?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
About half a metre forecast over the next 9 days.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pedantica, Terry is probably going to drive me there, but I'll come back to you on that when I've confirmed what's happening.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
About half a metre forecast over the next 9 days.
Wow. So, Iski, are you taking a quiver of skis?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll be taking my double ski roller bag so will probably take both pairs of skis (I'm getting bindings put on the new ones on Sunday snowHead ).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Iski, hardcore!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I presume you are taking your ski roller bag too?
ski holidays
Iski, it's a board bag, can just fit in one pair + clothes etc as my main luggage item (to avoid ski carriage charge). Then just have to worry about cramming my boots into my rucksack - they only just fit and it involves a good deal of swearing to get them in.

In any event, I don't have any pure piste skis. But I think/hope I'll be able to cope on my Edens.
snow report
stevew, sorry for thread diversion!
snow report
stevew, Apologies from me also! Embarassed
ski holidays
Iski wrote:
I'll be taking my double ski roller bag so will probably take both pairs of skis (I'm getting bindings put on the new ones on Sunday snowHead ).

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!!
What are the colours for this season?? Toofy Grin
latest report
Was up around Groste in Campiglio yesterday and the conditions are about as good as you can get all over the mountain. No queues and empty pistes away from the main areas. Woke this morning to tons of snow at 700m. Will be an interesting drive up! It's been snowing heavily all night and is still snowing. Viz will be the only problem. Just about perfect for anyone arriving over the next few weeks.
snow report
Thanks for the response guys but I though you guys were going to Kronplaz / Arraba? anarchicsaltire, good to here from you again. Back on topic Tatty, thanks for the heads up on conditions, sounds good, will look at the webcams later Very Happy
latest report
stevew, some of us are going to Folgarida first and then on to Arabba!
ski holidays
Iski wrote:

How could i - I'd just forgotten your snowHead nick name...

stevew wrote:
Thanks for the response guys but I though you guys were going to Kronplaz / Arraba?

Yes/No - there's an insideout week in Folgarida hence why most of us are there - the hardcore element pedantica, iski, bladeskier are doubling up and going back to back with the S10BB and will be in Arabba the following week
snow report
bertie bassett, thanks for the explanation.I expect some first hand reports then - thanks!
ski holidays
stevew, Hi Steve, will try and keep you & Hannah updated.

PedanticaWe're driving down from Aylesbury.

Think it might still be snowing......
snow report
anarchicsaltire, thanks. Give our regards to Wayne if you see him and tell him we're looking forward to our trip out Very Happy
snow report
Continued to snow, and snow, and snow today. On piste was like off piste up to the knees in some places. Some lifts had to shut early. As a result thirteen of us were evacuated by snow cat from one particularly remote mountain restaurant. Cost us 5 euros each for the privilege!
ski holidays
Pedantica, Iski, etc. It sounds absolutely terrific in the Dolomites. I hope you have a wonderful week. snowHead I am taking my Edens down to Les Deux Alpes for the beginners off-piste course. Also a fair bit of snow forecast down there.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Have a great time with Charlotte. I look forward to skiing with you again in Arabba snowHead
latest report
^ ^ +1 Smile
snow report
bertie bassett, So you're out there early! How come's you're not doing the BB? Will miss your navigation skills Sad and your après leadership wink
latest report
I was in MdC last week. There was loads of snow - sadly far too much at times for someone as rubbish in powder as I am. I'm sure some of you could have done the conditions far more justice than I did.

Tatty, did you get caught up in the power cut on Friday, which stopped all the lifts in the Groste area?

SM.
snow report
sugarmoma666, yes! Actually, we thought that one of our group caused it as he jumped quite heavily on the 'moving carpet' going across the bridge and everything in the region stopped at that instant! Decided to cut a sneaky route down through some exhaustingly chopped up powder into Campiglio town centre and sit it out with copious amounts of unbelievably thick hot chocolate and rum chasers until the lifts started up again!
latest report
pistes in good conditions this morning. Currently snowing quite well at c 2000m. Very busy for Jan however (via SMS)
latest report
decent top up yesterday but not much overnight. Nice bits of side piste fun and games. Sun and madonna looks loverly (via SMS)
snow conditions
Plenty of snow here.

snow report
Met any of the local intructoreos Rob?
snow report
Using a smurf as a snow gauge is cheating Wink

http://bluebuddies.com/MsgPics/Smurf_Buried_in_the_Snow.jpg
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, yes, skied with him yesterday. He's been incredibly helpful.

tiffin, Laughing Promise I wasn't on my knees in that photo. I have no idea how deep it was there, but I wasn't anywhere near the bottom of the snow. It was fun to play in...

snow report
rob@rar, That is good to hear.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy