Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Retirement Pool

Poster: A snowHead
Who do you think will next retire from top level competitive skiing?

Pick 3.

1. Benni Raich has back problems and looks like he is past his best form.
2. Lindsey Vonn
3. Ivica Kostelic
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Bode Miller (after this season)
2. Lindsey Vonn
3. Jan Hudec (after this season)

Jan has bad everything and skis less and less. He has also recently started an eyewear/optometry business in downtown calgary,
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just 3? I think a lot will go after Sochi and this season it is the way of it. Some of the US guys may hang on as Beaver Creek has the worlds in 2015

1- Raich
2 - Kostelic
3 - Klaus Kroll?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chemmy Alcott
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1.Maria Hoefl Riech
2.Bode Miller
3.Reinfried Herbst

All at the end of this season. I think the ÖSV will be reluctant to let Benny go just yet, he is still sometimes the best Austrian they have, and I don´t really see a top all rounder at the moment, unless Hirscher does some more SGs, which he is more than capable of.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Didier Defargo
Marlies Schild
Benni Raich

All have said that this is their last season. Benni's been on the World Cup circuit for 15 years and feels he has achieved almost all that he can, but another Olympic medal would be nice, especially if it were Gold. He and Marlies want to get married and start a family according to an interview I listened to on the radio earlier this season.

Maria Höfl-Riesch has said this week that she has been rethinking her decision, she previously said this was her last year.
Tanya Poutiannan will probably go at the end of this season, she is the oldest on the Ladies circuit at the moment and her results are frustrating her. She needs some podiums to persuade her to carry on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is tough to only pick 3...

1. Ivica Kostelic His age and bad knees have caught up to him this season
2. Bode Miller
3. Benni Raich

Benni has had back problems this season and he is an Olympic and World champion as well as an overall globe winner. I can also see some of the older women like Tanja Poutiainen and Daniela Merighetti retiring after this season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

His age and bad knees have caught up to him this season

I know just how he feels.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1. Ivica Kostelic
2. Chemmy Alcott
3. Benni Raich

I suspect, being an Olympic year, that there will be quite a few.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lindsey Vonn just announced in an interview that she plans on skiing past the 2018 Olympics. I assumed so given her personality. She added that she was after records including Stenmark's.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kooky, Cacciatore & stewart woodward have all good picks so far.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kooky's prediction of Maria Hoefl Riech was probably the one that few saw coming.

Have there been any more yet (from the above)?

Looks like we have

Benni Raich
Ivica Kostelic
Bode Miller
Lindsay Vonn (well we now know she isn't)
Marlies Schild
Didier Defargo (high speculation)
Reinfried Herbst
Klauss Kroll
Jan Hudec
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode is staying for sure, so does Ivica. At least for next season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cacciatore wrote:
1. Ivica Kostelic
2. Chemmy Alcott
3. Benni Raich

I suspect, being an Olympic year, that there will be quite a few.

not that long odds, but well picked on ms alcott
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cross Reinfried Herbst off the list - seems he's committed to another 2 seasons.
snow report
Steffi Kohle was one nobody saw coming! She's only 27 but has a list of injuries as long as your arm.

My long time rehab training partner, Vroni Staber has also given up - I think she has had more ACL reconstructions than me now. shame as she was a really going places in the technical disciplines until she hit a whole sequence of injuries.
latest report
http://www.alpinecanada.org/news/2014/world-downhill-champ-kucera-retires-racing-pursue-coaching-career
snow report
Manfred Pranger retires .....

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/former-world-slalom-champion-pranger-retires

http://sport.orf.at/stories/2207185/2207190/

http://youtube.com/v/l1OUwJ7_lFA
ski holidays
Probably quite a few of the racers dropped from the US Ski Team will retire.
latest report
TJ!!!
snow report
Missed John Kucera, World Downhill Champ '09 - he's off to coach National Development Team - getting coached by the world champ is kinda cool...
http://www.alpinecanada.org/news/2014/world-downhill-champ-kucera-retires-racing-pursue-coaching-career
latest report
herminator, his girlfriend and his brother will be my son's ski coaches next year for u14.
ski holidays
Hearing rumours that Marlies Schild is going to retire .....

http://sport.oe24.at/wintersport/Marlies-Schild-vor-Karriere-Ende/155786855
ski holidays
DB, There's been speculation about Marlies for a couple of years now. She certainly isn't the force to be reckoned with that she was, but still the best female technical skier of all time. Whatever decision she makes, I hope she stays injury-free and am grateful that I got to see her ski on several occasions, including while she was unstoppable in terms of winning races. She is a really nice friendly and approachable person, unlike some I've seen on the circuit.
snow report
Google translate a tad confusing...but it sounds as though Benni Raich is also considering his future?
snow conditions
Cacciatore,
Benni is quoted as saying he hopes she will retire but believes she won't just yet. I guess he wants children. Can't be long before Benni himself calls it a day.
latest report
He was on my pool list. If she does agree to having kids, I'd imagine he might not be planning on retiring just yet... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
DB, Cacciatore, Benni wants to complete the circle by skiing at the World Championships in Vail this coming season then he will retire he has already stated that at a number of press conferences. Apparently he had his first major wins in 2005 at the World Championships at Bormio (2 Golds, 2 silvers and a Bronze), so he wants to close the circle by competing one more time on the World championship stage. Whether he is selected or not is another question though. He should make the team event if nothing else. He has podiumed at every World championship since his first in 2001, which is no mean feat I reckon.

I hope he can stay injury free and achieve his aim. He and Marlies are a really nice friendly couple and spend a lot of time helping Marlies' older brother, Josef with training the next generation of racers.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All of the British Senior Team men and women going by recent events
ski holidays
Jai Geyer still in it for the long term, but needs help with funding. no reply to previous request on here for help, as yet.
ski holidays
It was on the news here just now that Marlies Schild has retired.
ski holidays
Looks like many ski stars will now retire. Potentially - Miller, Kostelic, Raich, Herbst, Maze, Hosp and Zettel.
ski holidays
Maze, hosp and Zettel have not yet decided. Maze says she will make a decision in July, but has along with Zettel and hosp decided not to aim for the next winter Olympics. I think we may see all three in the world Cup next season but maybe skiing only their strongest events.

Benni Raich will retire as will Mario Matt probably at the Meribel Finals, although it looks like Matt may not make it to the Finals
latest report
Depending upon which article you read none are certain to retire immediately
http://sport.orf.at/stories/2225563/2225562/

Apparently Jean-Baptist Grange was thinking of giving up a few weeks ago.
http://www.heute.at/sport/wintersport/art69371,1126499
snow report
Jef Wickes
snow report
Looks like Hosp will retire on Monday as she has called a press conference.

http://www.nachrichten.at/sport/wintersport/Beendet-Nicole-Hosp-ihre-Karriere;art104,1817401
snow report
Hosp retired ....
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-overall-world-cup-ski-champion-nicole-hosp-094502155--ski.html

Bode Miller has recntly become a father again, many doubt he will return to top level ski racing.
snow report
Benni finally calls it a day

http://sport.oe24.at/ski-alpin/OeSV-Star-Raich-beendet-seine-Karriere/203795899
snow report
DB wrote:

Bode Miller has recently become a father again, many doubt he will return to top level ski racing.

Apparently he seems to think he may return following a bit of a break...
latest report
So who went before this season...

Carolina Ruiz Castillo
Dominique Gisin
Silvan Zurbriggen
Didier Defago
Marie Marchand-Arvier
Nadja Kamer
Davide Simoncelli
Mario Matt