Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Credit Cards in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know many places in Austria will not take Visa or Mastercard, however lots take EC-Card (Bankomat-Card). How do you get such a thing in the UK, do any banks provide a compatible card?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These days I find almost all places in Austria do take Visa & MC. My Switch/Maestro cards work fine too (and for getting out cash out of the wall as well). Sometimes I think they pretend they can't take cards hoping that you'll settle in cash. I remember years ago being stuck without cash, banks closed, and only having an Amex card - funnily enough the hotelier managed to find an Amex swipe machine under the counter and took the card!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

funnily enough the hotelier managed to find an Amex swipe machine under the counter and took the card!

I know that feeling, in the UK it's down to Amex taking up to 11 days to put the money into the retailers bank account. I complained and Amex said they could pay me in 3 working days if I paid 3% more commission on each transaction. Shocked

ps. For all other cards we receive the payment within 3 banking days max.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It must depend where you are in Austria, around us it's only garages which accept cards and big hotels. However if you have a nationwide card you can use that in the cashtills here to withdraw Euros at no extra cost.
hth
Deb
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had to pay for the lift passes, ski school and hotel with cash in Obertauern. The Inter Sport did accept credit cards (they keep your card "open" as a deposit for the gear). A similar story in Obergurgl. The Austrian ski resorts are definitely less card-friendly than those in France.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Austria is a cash country thats why there rich and your (England) not Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Austria is a cash country thats why there rich and your (England) not Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:

Actually in Wales we don't use cash or credit cards, we just barter with sheep and lumps of coal wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy