Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Convince me not to panic book...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have had a strop that we're not skiing this year.

So. I've booked flights to Geneva for a short break Sat 22nd March (am) returning late on Tuesday 25th (so that if we do get fined for missing school it won't be too bad).

We have a 5 year old who can ski blues and reds (has done 3 weeks) and a 2 year old whom we're going to snow plough between our legs in the mornings.

Can't face a long transfer, ideally would like to avoid driving. But we need childcare for the little one for the afternoons if he needs to rest.

How long should I leave choosing resort and booking apartment/ chalet? Should we hire a car so that we can consider staying further out.

Was thinking PDS?

Any thoughts/ experiences of this sort of thing? How long is leaving it too long?

Ta
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For apartments/DIY I thought earlier was usually cheaper than later? Been a while since I did a DIY trip though...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So many factors. I was thinking price but also choosing the resort for snowcover
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a strop every year trying to convince the wife that we're all going skiing! Happy

My Kids are 6, 4 and 18mths. It's stessful, but seeing the eldest two skiing is great, as I never got that opportunity.

Unfortunately I book mine all through a TO to make it hassle free and make sure the child care is sorted for the younger one, so can't comment on much. I'm off back to La Plagne, nice green run outside the hotel for the kids.

Wouldn't worry about the fines, when you're saving >£1000 the odd £100 is a drop in the ocean!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wiggle, welcome to snowheads. You shouldn't have too much problem with accommodation - if necessary you can book for a week and leave early. But if you are booking a privately owned apartment you won't gain much by waiting - it's low season in France anyway and prices for that week are low. Owners will leave the places empty rather than take a silly price.

You might need to give more thought to child care and maybe do some research about possibilities. It depends what you want, but in most resorts the ESF will offer a "Club Nounours", for 2 and 3 year olds. On the other hand if he's likely to have a long sleep after his morning on the slopes you might do better with a "nourrice" who will come and look after him in your accommodation.

Les Saisies would be a good choice - quieter and cheaper than the PdS but perhaps further from Gva than you want to drive - and driving is the only practical way to get here.

You need somewhere with your accommodation very close to the slopes and - if you use one - to the garderie.

Resort websites should have details of child-care options.

No chance of taking a non-skiing grandparent? Or one happy to ski just in the mornings?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Took a non skiing grandparent last year, paid for her through the nose but just not worth it again- she was very cross that our beautiful and pricey apartment wasn't a sun trap ie it was cloudy- and she just showed the toddler the amazing lakefront playground as it was 'too cold' to get him out of the buggy. The tv did most of the babysitting- think I need professionals this time!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wiggle, the "Club Nounours" would be by far the cheapest alternative.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pretty good reason for leaving it late is that from time to time you get a really hot March which you wish you had gone to a resort with higher skiing. Not suggesting that PdeS won't be good just that sometimes it may not be.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy