Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

b/b and guesthouse accomodation Saalbach/Salzburg transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all just found this thread..... does anyone have any advice or links regarding b b or guesthouse accomodation in Saalbach?
looking to have a cheeky long weekend soon and would be grateful for any advice
also is getting from Salzburg Airport to Saalbach straight forward?
thanks in ADVANCE
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kabby, Did you mean this thread ? > http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104841&highlight=

Starting point for accommodation should be the Tourist Office site > www.saalbach.com.

Good guesthouses that you can also contact direct include Pension Norika, Landhaus Michaela, Gappmeyer, Konig, Hagleitner. Anything in the centre of Saalbach or within 500m of the centre is likely to be reasonably priced, clean and tidy.

To get from Salzburg Airport to Saalbach use the Holiday Shuttle transfer service > www.holiday-shuttle.at
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hire a car
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info Quinton, appreciate you taking the time to reply
Hiring a car to park up for a long weekend I guess would be fairly expensive hobbit eater
Thought I read that a bus runs from Salzburg Airport to Zell Am Zee
Il have to investigate
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vorderegger do a good transfer
https://www.vorderegger.at/airportexpress-en?l=en
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Thought I read that a bus runs from Salzburg Airport to Zell Am Zee

Yes, there's a Postbus from Salzburg Airport to Zell am See, but you're going to Saalbach so you'll need to change at the crossroads at Maishofen. You can buy a through ticket and ask the driver to set you down at the correct bus stop. On the return journey, you should again change at the Maishofen crossroads rather than taking the bus all the way into Zell am See. Postbus have a neat arrangement whereby the connecting busses wait for each other.

However the Postbus departs at almost the same time as the Holiday Shuttle (and the Vorderegger transfer for that matter) - i.e. about every 2 hours. Since the Holiday Shuttle is quicker and takes you directly to your accommodation, I'd recommend it rather than the Postbus. The price difference is about €20 each way.

Car hire is obviously an option, and can be quite reasonable if you use a consolidator such as AutoEurope. Certainly worth considering if you are 2-4 people.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bus route 2 from the airport takes you to Salzburg central Train station in less than 20 mins. There you can take a train to zell am see. Depending on day and time of travel you'll have several options direct/1 change and time wise did it a few years back and I'm sure it was less thn 2 hours more like an hour and a half. Change is straightforward it's usually getting off and a simple platform change, nothing tool complicated and no more than 2/3 platforms at change so not much luggage hauling. Listen to announcements as they'll be in English on the train but not in English at the station.

Once in zell am see it was a 40 euro taxi ride from one of them outside in a minivan to the hinterglemm further up the valley than saalbach. There is a public bus that will also go from outside the Station to saalbach. I would estimate it to take somewhere in the 30-40 min time frame dependent on time of day traffic etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The train via Zell am See is an option, but not really the best as it involves getting into Salzburg, getting the train then getting from Zell to Saalbach. The whole journey takes longer than with the Shuttle or the Postbus and involves more changes, so is possibly the least good option. Trains are not particularly frequent, and seem to run at similar times to the Postbus.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks to you all Quinton extreme and powder for taking the time to reply, i appreciate it
seems the best and less complicated way is the vorderegger or holiday express
thanks extreme for the train info, always useful too
gotta say its getting a wee bit expensive going Independant for a long weekend!!
partner works at a school so our time are limited

but thanks again all
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy