Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ice Road Caravaners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Kicking Horse tomorrow via Calgary airport.

My mate has got a great looking house there, so I'm chuffed.

The thing is he won a caravan in an auction in Calgary yesterday and we're going to tow it out to Golden ... over the pass from Lake Louise...
The pass was closed to all traffic last nigh because of avalanche dangers ....

I think I'm going to be bricking it .. and wearing my ski helmet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DrLawn, Nice, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Enjoy the trip Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DrLawn,

You'll be fine. Have you been there before? The road bit of the pass isn't steep

Caravan is most likely a bit of an under exaggeration. it will be enormous.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vancouver to Calgary was perhaps the prettiest road I have been on ( except maybe Ullapool to Durness )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is one I'll buy the popcorn for Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well we survived!
The caravan was a camping trailer so that was carried on the back of some guys trailer behind a pickup.

The pass is not a steep one but it can be dodgy with ice .. its not a dual carriageway either ... and many of the lorries are driven by "Turbin aters" (the local name for Indian immigrant truck drivers)

On the way home we were behind a pickup which suddenly went up the right bank swung across the road. We got out checked the driver was OK .. he was a bit stunned but a survivor.
Then we realised we were standing on sheet ice with trucks coming down the hill with no notice of what had happened ... we got out of there quick.Picture in link.

A few non skiing snaps and a movie ... where no disaster happens
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yi9fpo5o1ela4i0/AkY9T6M7LF

The skiing was great ...
But the best was the "sledin" and "ice fishing"! pix below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/28rqwto3zjr716s/q98cwPAoXq
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy