Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone travelled with skis on Eurostar this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It looks as though baggage regs have been tightened up, in theory baggage over 85 cms might not be accepted as the normal allowance and might have to be registered - which I don't like the sound of, as it is not guaranteed to go on the same train! But is this being applied in actual practice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
figolou, You are correct, the luggage policy is specifically two medium sized suitcases that do not have a maximum dimension in excess of 85cm BUT this doesn't apply to the ski trains to the Alp's which allow a set of skis or snowboard in addition to the above.

I had planned to use Eurostar on 28 March (with skis) so that would have been interesting to see what they might have said, but due to other issues, I am now flying Smile (alas the tickets are non refundable but hey ho Sad )

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 14-01-14 20:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is a perennial misunderstanding. Skis are specifically exempt from the 85 cms restriction, although the Eurostar website is at best ambiguous. I've taken a double ski bag with me on the standard Eurostar this year and as with every year before there was no issue.

http://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/ski-resorts/luggage-trains-ski-resorts

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 14-01-14 20:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyman, although the ski train does have different baggage allowances, you are fine taking skis on the standard Eurostar as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kieranm, thanks, that link is very helpful. 2 pieces of baggage plus small bag and skis can be one of the main bags.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just done the Eurostar Ski Train down to the 3 V's & back. No problem at all with skis + other luggage. One of our group even took his paragliding wing and equipment with him, no questions asked, and that's a big bit of kit!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had planned to use Eurostar on 28 March (with skis) so that would have been interesting to see what they might have said, but due to other issues, I am now flying Smile (alas the tickets are non refundable but hey ho Sad )[/quote]

If you had bought your Eurostar tickets through Rail Canterbury, then you would have been able to get a refund up to 1 month before you travel.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A question re Eurostar - Ashford to Moutiers, Skitrain - Do you need to book well in advance for low season travel, i.e Jan and March?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I recently came home on the TGV and changed at paris and got the Eurostar home. There was no trouble at all with taking my snowboard bag on either of the trains. I called Eurostar before I booked and they didn't help much. I find that the overhead storage fits a ski/board bag nicely.
The Ski train is also fine, you basically stuff the kit where you can.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy