Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Natives.co.uk : bombing? [an analysis of UK ski websites]

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How are some of the the UK's main ski websites - skiclub.co.uk, j2ski, snowHeads, natives, welove2ski, planetski, winterhighland, snowboardclub.co.uk - doing?

If I've left some out, we can add them later.

Analysis of global traffic ranking, by alexa.com, is only one way of seeing how the UK's ski sites are doing.

snowHeads, skiclub.co.uk (SCGB) and j2ski.com are well ahead ...

Global rank for Jan 2 [Alexa]

snowheads.com: 74,022
j2ski.com: 97,766
skiclub.co.uk: 102,976

See trend graph up to Jan 2: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94856&start=2920#2434502

The other five are trailing very much in a 'second league', but there are clear and interesting comparative positions/trends between the players ...

Global rank for Jan 13 [Alexa]

welove2ski.com: 345,340
snowboardclub.co.uk: 367,928
planetski.eu: 471,682
winterhighland.info: 518,379
natives.co.uk: 772,927

Obviously, this is a very narrow analysis, but it's the only one that alexa make publicly available.
A graph follows on the next posting ...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-01-14 17:34; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

The alexa graph (past 6 months) for the 'second league'

That's as big as it can be reproduced here, conveniently.

To generate comparisons like this: www.alexa.com

The situation for natives.co.uk is striking - top of that league of 5 players in the summer, but going quickly downhill.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 13-01-14 16:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Comedy Goldsmith, What do those numbers represent?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Global ranking" [say that carefully]
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have thought natives traffic would ramp over early autumn and drop off around late December every year as people look for winter work. I could be wrong but that seems to be the case..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm sure that's true, but my recollection is that natives maintained a big and powerful social network for resort workers (and their essential gossip) on their own website. It's still going, but with low traffic compared to the old days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah right, that makes sense. maybe its the weather!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CG,

What about our furry friends?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, indeed, and three others I should have included:

skiandsnowboard.co.uk: 381,467
snowvole.com: 605,591
inthesnow.com: 630,654
fall-line.co.uk: 1,168,077

I'd stress that these comparisons are only valid if new media/social media is important to the respective publisher. Some might consider print to be king.

Summing up, I guess one would relegate some of those - natives, snowvole, inthesnow and fall-line - into a third league of traffic, based on the alexa analysis. But the stats just show how well snowHeads has done.

Considering snowHeads is now about 99.9% user-generated, in terms of content, that's quite a significant thing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy