Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Rc4 110, Ranger 12 vs Salomon xmax 100, xmax 120

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to Blues in Glasgow at the weekend after wondering about where to get my boots. They are the only place in Glasgow you can get the the Fischer vacuum fit. I am 5 11 about 14 stone and level 7-8 skier (more of an 8 ). I've also tried the lange rx100. The Salomon seemed to fit best straight off although the toe box was tight (can be stretched ), along with the Lange the fischers you wouldn't know until they are moulded. I have 28.5 feet in a C width with normal height arches so I'm hesitant to pay the £500 for the vacuum fit Rangers. I want an all mountain boot, my preference is to ski powder and get better at bumps so I'm not sure what flex would be best. Has anyone any experience with any of these boots are the fischers worth the money?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Flexon, I’ve some experience of the xmax boots, having had a pair of 130s since November, fitted by Blues in Edinburgh. I got custom footbeds made up and some shell work. They're v comfortable and I haven't had problems with foot movement. Even in the cold the fwd flex is not overly stiff, def softer than my old race boots, but the lateral precision is better I think. On the 130s there are 2 bolts at the rear which can be removed to soften the flex (which I have not tried), so maybe the 100 & 120 have these too. Perhaps ask in the shop about the effect of removing those bolts if unsure which flex to buy.

I should add that I met someone on the hill who gave up with the same boot as it wasn't suited to his foot shape. So, as always, it depends on your feet and boot fitter if they're good for you or not.

Ps: many years ago I had your username-sake boots: black & yellow Flexon Comps Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went with the Salomon's in the end and had them moulded. I've just done a week on them and I'm pretty happy at the moment. They are very precise and I think my edge feel is better than I've ever had before in a boot. My only niggles are that the rear causes me pain at pressure points on my calf and that I seem to have been in the back seat more than ever this time and burned out my thighs by day 2 despite training ahead. I've decided to maybe keep the pain in the calf to remind me to get forward or I might go back to the boot fitter to look at my stance and see if a heel lift will fix both issues.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A small pair of heel lift plates came in the box with my xmax boots, do you also have these? FWIW I am skiing with them fitted.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't get any heel lift plates with my XMax 120 boots. While I've not had any heel or calf pain I do feel I could do with getting my weight a little further forward so I've put small lifters under my insoles. Going out to Samoens on Sunday so can let you know next week if they make any difference or not.

I've had two weeks in these boots and I agree that the edge feel is much better than what I was used to in my old boots. Fit after the initial moulding was excellent except for pressure on my bunions. Been back to Banks in Perth and had the shells pushed out at the bunions so I'm really looking forward to skiing them next week.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy