Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la eucharts ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need advise on ski school for a 9 and 10 year old. Staying in La Eucharts next to La Rosiere. Which is better ESF or evolution2? The kids have skied last year and are pretty competent. When looking at the lessons the time slots are 9.15-11.15 or 11.30-1.30 or 3-5, can you book both the morning sessions without coming back to the kids?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JJski, Been a few years since my kids learned to ski in La Rosiere, Les Eucherts being a nice extension to the resort. We used ESF and despite other resorts having negative opinions about ESF, I always rated them here. Many seemed to be from the same extended family and I think the boss is / was English (?). I have also heard good things about Evolution2 as well. Enjoy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JJski, we were there over Christmas and my daughter 8 went with the esf she had a good time although was the only English child in the group. She liked her instructor who spoke good English and generally progressed well.

Not sure about the consecutive lessons why not send them an email to ask about specifics like that.

Evolution2 also seem to have a good reputation so I don't think you can go far wrong with either.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JJski, we were there over Christmas and my daughter 8 went with the esf she had a good time although was the only English child in the group. She liked her instructor who spoke good English and generally progressed well.

Not sure about the consecutive lessons why not send them an email to ask about specifics like that.

Evolution2 also seem to have a good reputation so I don't think you can go far wrong with either.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ESF Les Eucherts has a good reputation as well as Evo2 but haven't experienced either personally.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

we have used ESF at La Rosiere a couple of times (for both children's lessons and private adult tuition). We were very happy with them - plenty of English speaking instructors.

We didn't use the option, but I do remember that they offered lunch (so presumably linking up morning and afternoon lessons), but I don't know what age range they cater for. Check out the local ESF website as the details will be on there.

We have used ESF a lot and people don't tend to do both morning and afternoon lessons - our children certainly find the morning enough. La Rosiere is great for getting some skiing in and getting back to the resort in time (lessons are 2.5 hours, if I remember rightly, though we went outside the school holidays). I'm sure that we've even got to La Thuile and back.

Rachel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from La Ros. I absolutely recommend Evolution 2. Our group had 2 lots of private lessons with them. 2 of the children (5yrs old) were in group lessons and loved it.

We had Xavier as our instructor for the private lessons. Fantastic English, nice bloke and worked on our technique.

One of our group was in an ESF group for adult beginners and she also raved about her instructor.

In short - both have good reputations but I would personally choose Evo 2. Any other La Ros questions let me know.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JJski - are you going in half term as those lesson times look short? When we went at New Year a few years ago I'm sure the ESF lessons were 2 1/2 hrs. We booked morning lessons plus lunch with ESF which gave us enough time to ski over to La Thuile on a few days. We then pottered around the local slopes with the children in the afternoon. Ours were 3 and 6 on their second ski holiday. The 6 year old really enjoyed his ESF flocon lessons. They made a friend at the lunch club and the building seemed well equipped with friendly staff. I'm not sure if there is an age limit on the lunch club - would check it out. I think it would be too much to leave the children to walk from one lesson to the next without a stop for a decent snack and drink.

I'd also check what EVO 2 offer in terms of lessons plus lunch.

The drawback in Les Eucharts is that EVO 2 are based in the main village but I think they will do a minibus pick up from your apartment.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy