Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courcheval 1550 as an alternative to La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we had a great holiday in La Tania last Easter and were thinking of going back this year. Booked flights in October and now looking for accommodation, but the ones we are looking at in our price range (catered chalets) are all booked up. I posted in the chalets direct solutions room and have had a response from a small company with a chalet in Courcheval 1550. Seeing as we spent a lot of time skiing in Courcheval 1850 last year, this seems like a good alternative as it appears it's one gondola up from 1550 straight to the hub of 1850. This sounds ideal incase of poor snow at a lower level and for ease of getting our son up there for lessons. Can anyone with any knowledge of 1550 comment on if I'm making a wise choice doing this? It's a catered chalet so all bar one evening meal covered and (sadly) nightlife not required anymore! The other thing is its a new chalet company called chilli alps, they have a website etc and I'm going to call them later but seeing previous threads how can I check they are not bogus?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I googled "chilli alps" and got nothing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not quite answering your question, but have you tried Snow Retreat in La Tania? They seem to have availability in some of their chalets at Easter, and I've always found them to be excellent value so I'd be surprised if they were out of your price range:

http://www.snowretreat.co.uk/la-tania-catered-chalet-prices.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Suspect you can find them becaus ethe OP has the name wrong. Google found http://chillalp.com/
I suspect from it's position that it's ski down to the lifts - which might be an issue in very poor snow conditions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, they are at www.chillalp.com, got the name slightly wrong! I had a quote from snow retreat but when I went back to book they said they then had a full chalet booking in but they have now responded on the solutions room so I think I'll give them a call.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Being a new one chalet operation you're going to struggle to get much feedback on them. However, that's why they are in budget. If they are any good word will get round over the next year or two. I wouldn't baulk at being in La Tania or 1550. Both will do the job.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are a British registered limited company established in April 2013.
Having spent a couple of holidays in 1550 can confirm very easy to get lift up to 1850 although both times we were there ski run down was quite challenging for some of the newer skiers in our group who preferred to take lift back down again.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, having a just turned 6 year old with us it'll be lift up and down for us anyway if it's a bit tricky. Just need to work out where the chalet is in relation to the lift.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have you tried www.skiamis.com I know they have just reduced their prices? Or try searching on www.latania.co.uk
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi having stayed in 1550, 1850 and La Tania, I think its easier to access the ski domain quicker from 1550. Wise to check out where the chalet is in relation to lifts as some os the ski in out chalets perhaps not suitable for skiers with limited experience. Im much more wary of small chalet companies on the chalet direct solutions room after a bad experience two years ago with a company called skithe3v. Just see what you can find out about the operator. That said I dont want to tar all small chalet companies so talk to them and see if they know their stuff
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
looks like it is located above village so should be possible to ski down to chair lift although gondola a bit further along is better option as drops you above 1850 centre chair drops you below then you either have to hike up or take another chair to get above 1850. If you are coming down on Gondola it would be a bit of a hike along road then uphill with a 6 year old. If you zoom out of their location map you can see the two lift buildings with grey roofs to l/h side of Rue des Rois.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
George06, what week are you looking for - I stayed with www.skihame.co.uk before xmas and had a great time - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2431074&highlight=tania#2431074

they might well still have some availability - http://www.skihame.co.uk/ski_chalets/availability.htm
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all, that's really useful. Skihame have now quoted me for Chalet Charmille and Tania, in La Tania. Any knowledge of either of these?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
George06, Stayed in chalet Tania xmas week. Nice roomy chalet with brilliant views from the balcony down the valley and over la tania. Chalet is behind le ski lodge up a short incline. We had the chalet to ourselves (4 off us) and the hosts were brilliant Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Fobski, what the layout of chalet Tania, is it rooms below the lounge or above? We have been offered a triple but its a bunk and a single and referred to as small, you didn't happen to see that room did you? Don't want luxury but needs to be roomy enough for the 3 of us!
snow conditions
Stayed with ski hame two years ago in la tania but can't remember which chalet. Really nice company to deal with. The owners are nice people. Good food and in fact two of the best chalet hosts we've had. Can't comment on the room you've been offered, but suggest you ring them and ask about it. They are pretty straight people.
ski holidays
dan100 wrote:
Hi having stayed in 1550, 1850 and La Tania, I think its easier to access the ski domain quicker from 1550. Wise to check out where the chalet is in relation to lifts as some os the ski in out chalets perhaps not suitable for skiers with limited experience. Im much more wary of small chalet companies on the chalet direct solutions room after a bad experience two years ago with a company called skithe3v. Just see what you can find out about the operator. That said I dont want to tar all small chalet companies so talk to them and see if they know their stuff

There have been some big lift improvements out of La Tania this year.

I may as well put in a word here for ski-magic as a chalet operator. We used them twice in a row, and they were superb.
latest report
Great news about lift improvements. The year we were there the main gondola/bubble broke and we were bused over to Le Praz by ski hame. Le Praz village definitely needs to improve its lifts. Dont get me wrong I think La Tania is very nice, I just prefer other locations in the 3V
latest report
Thanks for your comments, called snow retreat and ski hame. Snow retreat went to voicemail, Ski hame answered and have given us a good price so have booked with them. Now the snow watching begins.......
snow conditions
Can not see what is wrong width Le praz lifts.
Never any queues except 8.40 am when ski instructors are going up the hill.;
One lift to get into meribel valley via La Tania one way.
Other lift to saulire is by what used to be the fastest 4 man chair in the world when installed
ski holidays
George06, The triple is on the ground floor opposite the entrance. If memory serves me correct it had shower room with a seperate loo. Also seemed a reasonable size for a triple. Chalet is three floors, triple and boot room grnd floor, two rooms and spare loo on 1st floor and twin room on top floor with dining/living room/balcony. I thought they were excellent VFM when you include the airport transfer. Will be back with them at end of the month.
snow report
All booked into Chalet Charmille, and I agree good value when you factor in the transfers. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Skiworld are offering daft prices for their chalet in 1550 - I just booked today for less than £300 each, ski in/out. Ski out fairly easy for beginners, ski in not (5 min walk from bottom of lift). The lift is very convenient for 1550. Chalet is called Trois S.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy