Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

when renting skis and snowboard do you always get a 7th day free?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we arrive around noon in la tania and want to pick our skis up then and not wait until after 5 or 6 when everyone else will descend on the shop. so just wondering a lot of them say the 7th day is free. is this the case with all of the ski hire shops? so it would make more sense to say that Saturday is our first day so that we can pick them up on Saturday (available for pick up from the Friday). I am looking to hire snowboards through skiholidayextras but if hubby and son decide they dont like snowboarding and want to go back to skiing, then how do i know if the hire shop will change them? I know some offer a free exchange but how will I know?

Does that make sense?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only way you'll know is to get in touch with the hire shop. Certainly not all of them offer 7 days for the price of 6.

As for switching snowboard for skis; lots of hire shops will do this, but it will be dependent on the price range of equipment you take out per the shop's own rules. Shops typically work on some variation of gold, silver and bronze categories of equipment and often will only swap over if you've hired from the top bands. Again, you'll need to contact the individual shop to confirm this, or see if they have it one their website.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plug here for Sports Andi in Kirchberg

You can pick up on Saturday and return following Friday afternoon and only pay for 6 even though you may have skied on them on that Saturday. But the price for 7 days is the same as 6 in there anyway

And if you don't ski for a day in the week, he`ll only charge for 5 days etc. Not worth him taking them back in, servicing them etc, just to hand them out again.

And if you want to swap back and for the between ski/board, again no problem.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jafa, it's a bit of a hike from La Tania to Kirchberg, non?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bit of a trek from la tania though
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"is this the case with all of the ski hire shops?"

Hence why I mentioned Kirchberg. Didn't want you to get too excited.

But worthwhile asking the same questions of your local hire shop all the same. If you don't ask you don't get.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many do offer this when booking online and in advance. However, when to take the free day will depend on your arrival time and departure time. If you arrive very early on Saturday then you will benefit from an afternoon ski. Or book from Sunday and try to collect early on the Saturday. Most allow collections after 4pm the day before your 'first day' or similar but if you go early you may get lucky.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy