Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Experience of Italian ski schools (Dolomites)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's been a couple of years since we've had any lessons, and the last was a rather expensive "follow me" tour around Les Arcs with ESF rolling eyes

We would like to improve confidence and technique on steeper terrain, and are going to Kronplatz where I think there's a fair selection. We would be booking private lessons, just me and my partner. Does anyone have any experience of the Italian ski schools in this area and how they teach? We don't need to be shown around the mountain, we can manage that on our own. Are we likely to find what we're looking for in a ski school?

I've been on the websites of various ski schools near where we'll be staying, but they only really have information about lessons for kids, beginners and race technique.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 15-01-14 20:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't all speak at once. I find it hard to believe that no-one has ever used a ski school in the Dolomites!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet, can't help at the moment but I am keeping an eye on potential replies as I am going to Kronplatz with a group and we are thinking of arranging private instruction for a couple of half days.
We are going 3rd week of March. When are you out there?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had fantastic private instruction in the Dolomites - just not in Kronplatz. I think it may be similar for others - that may be why you haven't had replies.

Sorry I can't help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet wrote:
It's been a couple of years since we've had any lessons, and the last was a rather expensive "follow me" tour around Les Arcs with ESF rolling eyes

We would like to improve confidence and technique on steeper terrain, and are going to Kronplatz where I think there's a fair selection. We would be booking private lessons, just me and my partner. Does anyone have any experience of the Italian ski schools in this area and how they teach? We don't need to be shown around the mountain, we can manage that on our own. Are we likely to find what we're looking for in a ski school?

I've been on the websites of various ski schools near where we'll be staying, but they only really have information about lessons for kids, beginners and race technique.

there's a couple of long black runs down to brunick, nice runs but don't recollect either of them being particularly tough- the piculin black beyond st vilglio, is more of a challenge esp in the afternoon with bumpy which can be slushy as it's south facing.

There's 2-3 ski schools with their centres at the top of the peak - I have no idea whether one is better or not.

Personally if steeps are your thing, I'd take the bus to La Villa and do laps of the Gran Risa until your legs fall off...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet, cant help this year but next season we are planning on running a coaching holiday to Kronplatz... see signature for link
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dolomites is a massive ski area with a tons of different ski schools. We used a couple out of Ortisei and they were excellent. Better English than a lot of ESF instructors too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suppose as a destination, it's below the radar of many Brits so they won't have been there. Might try a couple of hours private lessons and see how it goes - we're not going in a busy week so I'm not expecting them to be fully booked.

bertie bassett, Oh I will be (the Gran Risa, that is). A great run through the trees, though it gave me a nosebleed half way down last time and I had to stop. Must be the sudden altitude loss Toofy Grin

skimottaret, Thanks, I'll take a look. Mr S keeps eyeing up various other courses you do, but Hemel is a long way for us. Fancy moving up north? It's much cheaper and there are far more pies wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JohnHSmith, PM'd you
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy