Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski pair with different rocker?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just bought a pair of Zag purist lights on eBay to use as a light touring ski. They are a very rockered ski, with the front rocker coming almost to where the front of the binding would be. I noticed that the rocker is slightly different between the ski, meaning one tip sits slightly above the other. I've owned and skied quite a few pairs of skis, but I've never experienced this before. Do people think this could be a problem or noticeable?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds a bit suss but I doubt it'll make a noticeable difference unless one ski is actually compromised. What's the difference?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The rocker is consistently higher, and at the tip the difference is in the order of a cm or two.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here is a picture of the Difference, both pictures are with one ski on top of the other.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy227/robert_smith20/IMG_1493_zpsc1648aae.jpeg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy227/robert_smith20/IMG_7318_zps8b923424.jpeg
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ravik, those are obvious blems & you've been well stiffed. And seeing as I'm a decent guy who doesn't like to see a fellow skier loose out I'll give you £25 for 'em.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn't look right to me. Have you checked the serial numbers match? i.e. They are actually a pair out of the same mould? If they're out of Zag warranty, send them back to the supplier.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you tried skiing these see how the feel? Im wondering how much you'd notice it?

Im no expert but I think even if skis are pressed in the same mould they can sometimes come out with slight camber variations depending on things like heat differences..... can't see how they'd pass quality control with this much of a difference though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:
ravik, those are obvious blems & you've been well stiffed. And seeing as I'm a decent guy who doesn't like to see a fellow skier loose out I'll give you £25 for 'em.

Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ive just checked the serial number, and they match. I might just email Zag, with the serial number and see if they can tell me anything about it. I haven't skied them yet because they are not mounted, if i did mount them I don't think I would have a case if i did want to return them to the supplier. If I do ski them I'll post an update.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy