Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cruisy blues/easy reds Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
hi all me and my partner are looking to do a long weekend sk iing in Morzine in late January.My partner is a nervous 3rd week ski ier, so i wondered whether anyone one could give me some advice on whether Morzine is suitable,or some advice on the best area for ski ing thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
meant to add as such a big area are any parts more suitable than others thanks
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The runs on the Les Gets side are perfect - if the snow is good! From Ranfolly down there are some great reds that will give your partner great confidence. I am also going out with my fiancé in late Jan who is a third weeker but we will wait to see what the snow's like before we decide.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't do better than the blue runs at the top of the Super Morzine lift to start with and get some confidence, particularly in the morning when they've just been pisted. Wide and relatively easy. Also the blue runs over at Nyon are also relatively easy with a simple ski back to Morzine on a green run (snow permitting). Skiied Morzine for many years and the PDS area is a great place for a mixture of abilities. Personally, I'd avoid Avoriaz with a non-confident skier - too many speed freaks and a bit crowded for my taste - best just to ski through on your way to the Swiss area or the Chatel La Linga side (some good skiing on wide runs here also, although the run back to Avoriaz can get a bit hairy for novices). I'll be very surprised if you don't list Morzine in your top 3 resorts after a week there. Enjoy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A thank you. Oth so much, appreciate you both taking the time to reply. On another note, is it better to get the full area pass rather than the local? Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
May I also add.... If you get a local pass, is the area marked out clearly on the piste map? Thanks all
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kabby wrote:
May I also add.... If you get a local pass, is the area marked out clearly on the piste map? Thanks all

If you get the morzine/les gets pass it will be pretty easy for you to follow the area. Its not connected to the avoriaz section (you have to walk between telecabins) and its all the runs/lifts to the right of the piste map.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kioksor, thanks for that appreciate the advice, Morzine looking a bit iffy at mo...hopefully get a dump before end of month
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The piste map is - I think - very good, and free.

We are beginner/intermidiot snowboarders and LOVED the area for our ability levels.

Oh, if you want to check out the piste maps for the areas, There are links to the piste maps at Morznet

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 2-02-14 14:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morzine is a great place for ski/boarders of all abilities (families as well but it doesn't have a full on family vibe - pretty chilled)

There are black runs through to shallow hills and runs for beginners - ideal for skiers of all abilities.

It is one of the biggest resorts too - 650(ish)km of pistes and 283 runs so I'm sure you would find an area or a couple of runs whilst your away that you get on with + you won't get bored.

Apres is decent too.

Have a great time

http://www.aiglonmorzine.com
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone noticed that the OP never comes back and says 'thanks for the tips,' or 'I appreciate you spending 20 mins helping me out'???

* edited to remove potentially life threatening insult

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 19-01-14 8:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dennisp wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the OP never comes back and says 'thanks for the tips,' or 'I appreciate you spending 20 mins helping me out'???

noobs.....

Yep :- http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=106897
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

The OP in this thread has said "thanks" several times. As do many others - not all, I agree.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
perhaps they dont have time to waste on the internet so having popped in and said thanks they dont feel obliged to pop back in
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowHead

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 20-01-14 12:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
damobloke1, i agree they did say thanks, within their first 20 minutes or so of posting and in response to Nickyj talking about esprit, which whilst useful (and i am in no way either disregarding any of the responses to that point) but she didnt actually suggest a ski school. A few were mentioned later on and no response, reply.

I doubt the majority of people who take the time to actually offer sensible and real advice and suggestions, and obviously excluding the odd lurking troll or Comedy Genius actually really want or need to feel they have helped someone but it is sometimes nice to have feedback.

Its a well trodden argument on forums that folks pop in, ask a question without actually seeing if it has already been asked by searching or actually RTFM at they have sitting in the box they just got their new toy in. Alternatively they can also post the same freaking question in 5 places on the same forum and then get the info they want and then bug off, hell thats the internet and life for you.

However as it is their right to pop in and feck off, its also my right to have a whinge if i feel that way inclined. If that brings the wrath of the keyboardists then so be it, i can always ignore it.
snow report
ansta1, Thanks wink
ski holidays
damobloke1,

gert thanks back at ya. Very Happy
snow report
gulp!!!!! thank you ALL so much for your info< and for taking the time to reply,i appreciate all your advice which is very helpful. sorry for not replying earlier just back on the comp at the weekend. i understand how rude and ignorant it may seem but if you look at my previous posts i usually thank the members who reply as soon as i can

anyway enuff of that!!!
with the recent snow in Morzine im looking forward to getting out there on the 30th January!! never been to pds so looking forward to adding it to my list

thanks again for all the above info
snow conditions
pps Dennisp

just read your link re your blue tour, and be giving it a go in a couple of weeks!!
snow conditions
Welcome back, ignore some folks, we just get a little touchy if we haven't been on the snow for a while.
ski holidays
thanks anstal there was no offence taken, always find this site friendly and very helpful
ski holidays
apologies if my comments offended, deleted

I know very little about the area as I have only been there for 4 half days of skiing so far. However, when someone's request is so similar to our level of skiing, then I am happy to help with my limited knowledge, but I certainly don't expect need
Quote:
to satisfy their own ego that they have so much knowledge and the definitive answers for which we should all be eternally grateful

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 2-02-14 14:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
snowHead

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 20-01-14 12:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
useless post deleted

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 2-02-14 14:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
And having hijacked and diverted the original theme of this thread, all irrelevant posts now removed. Enjoy your ski trips wherever they may take you.

In my opinion, Morzine has plenty for early skiers, especially nice runs following the tree lines to the right of the Pleny lift which give several options to get down (pistes b, c and d - so imaginatively named?). I also found if the queue for the Pleny bubble is slow, grab the chair lift immediately to the right (La Crusaz), go left for the short ski to take the Mouilles chair and you will get to the same place as the Pleny but quicker as less queues.

If up for reds and snow cover is good, Mont Chery is worth it, often empty pistes, good for confidence boosts.
snow conditions
Kabby,

Some good advice on this thread from a couple of years ago. As true now as it was then. The Chavannes bowl is ideal.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1402980&highlight=#1402980
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy