Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ford Galaxy/S-max

Poster: A snowHead
We're flying into Milan in March.

Will 4 adults, one 5 year old and luggage, including 2 ski bags, fit in a Ford Galaxy?

We need to rent a car for our trip to collect at the airport. Can anyone with a Galaxy or S-max tell me if that load will fit ok?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoogly, only ever test driven a Galaxy but they have a big luggage space, for ski bags you would probably need to drop middle seat and have someone sitting in the 3rd row of seats. Unless you took skis out of bags, in which case should all go in boot.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's gonna be a squeeze. We had a B class mercedes (similar size to a Galaxy?) with 3 guys, 3 large bags, 3 rucksack size bags, 2 sets of skis and some food bags and the the car was full to bursting.

I guess it depends on your luggage size.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless I have the wrong car in my mind, easily possible, I'd say Galaxy is lot bigger than B-Class as Galaxy was one of the biggest MPVs we tested
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends on the amount of luggage. You can fold flat a seat on row 3 and row 2 to accommodate the skis, leaving 5 seats, but the boot with all 3 rows of seats in use isn't huge, but then you can put cases under the skis so you should be OK. We also sometimes put a case in front of the kids seats and they rest their feet on top of it.

The seats in row 2 and 3 do slide back and forward, so you can maximize the boot space by shuffling them all forward as far as possible.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry, didn't realise a Galaxy had additional row of seats / boot space. So yes, definately bigger than a B class.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
S-Max would be pushing it though - friends have one - and rear seats in that are small kids only and I think you'd struggle
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...and I rate the Galaxy as a much better (and bigger) car that the S-Max.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll be fine. Leave the middle seat in row 2 flat and one of the seats in row 3, put the ski bags down the middle if they won't fit down one side.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
5 adults,7 pairs of skis and kit for the week with some food no prob from Scotland to France in a Galaxy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shoogly, trouble is, you don't always get what you order, do you? We once ordered a car specifically to be able to get a wheelchair in the back, and then got a different one in the same class which made the operation a huge fiddle.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman,

The skis fit OK down the side behind the drivers seat with my seat right back. Mrs M's are about 2 meters so no problem with the length.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Should be plenty of room in a Galaxy. My drive to the alps includes 2 adults, 3 teenage kids and at least one set of skis each with space to spare. I usually remove one of the rear seats and the one of the end seats from the middle row; this way suitcases can be laid flat and ski bags piled on top.

It could be a bit tight if the adults have a suitcase each and the hire company don't have scope for you to remove seats; although probably OK, you'll just be piled up to the roof.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone.

Galaxy it is then.

pam w, good point. I'll make sure and make a point of this when making the booking through Avios.

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Make sure you speak to them in advance to try your best to get a specific model of car reserved. Doesnt always work though. Enterprise once gave me a Fiat 500L to replace my 5 series estate as a 'similar car' recently because it fell into the same class as the Passat estate i'd suggested to them. This made getting 5 adults, 5 ice hockey kitbags and 10 sticks that are as long as a pair of skis essentially impossible despite multiple calls to stress my useage requirments.
ski holidays
We had 4 adults and a 5 year old with skis and boots for all, plus boxes of beer, sledge, wine, food, large fridge to France last year. We travelled from Glasgow with just 2 adults and kid, then picked up friends at Geneva for the drive to Montchavin, so kid was only in small seat for the last bit of journey, like you will have. It was a squash once we picked up the other two, but we had loads of stuff, which you wouldn't have flying.
ski holidays
Yes, plenty of space. If you ask the hire company to keep two of the seats even more so.
ski holidays
Hi we've owned both..the galaxy has bigger boot space as the s max is more ergo dynamic than the galaxy at the rear. Whereas the galaxy in the same length of vehicle is more boxed off ( not Described very well after rare evening out) I wouldn't stress over an s max for your needs. The difference is in the height if the car in the rear10% of the car which does give more luggage space. The back seat in a galaxy has the same size and space as the s max as I say the difference is in the way the rear of the vehicle tapers off. For what it is worth S max handles a little better than the galaxy. We only changed to the galaxy because we had 3 kids, a wheelchair and a dog to fit in. A galaxy isn't then quite big enough.
ski holidays
Quote:

Yes, plenty of space. If you ask the hire company to keep two of the seats even more so.

You must be thinking of the old Galaxy, the seats all fold down in the new shape, not removable ( they weren't removable in the old Galaxy unless you had a crowbar! rolling eyes )
ski holidays
Hired a Galaxy when we went to Verbier in '01 (ahhh, those were the days). We did use 6 of the 7 seats for people and it was a squeeze (think luggage on our knees). We've hired one (or equivalent) for this year's trip to Sauze. Only 4 people so I expect plenty of room for luggage and skis.
snow conditions
If you use the 6th seat there wouldn't be a lot of luggage space left
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy