Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hahnenkamm 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I searched & couldn't find a straight answer. I'm going to be near Kitzbuhel for the Hahnenkamm this year & planning to watch the downhill. The plan is to be skiing that day, so I was going to be on my skis & watch some of the race from higher up on the course (near or around the Mausefalle).

Do I need to buy tickets to the race in order to see? Or is it possible to view from the side of the open pistes that run along the course?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need to purchase a ticket to get anywhere near the race on the mountain. You can ski with just a normal day pass, but wont give you the same atmosphere.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jafa- thanks for the reply! i thought so, but the plan was just to watch for an hour or so, so i wasnt' sure if buying tickets was worth it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're off to the Hahnenkamm in a couple of weeks - flights arrive into Munich about 1030am on the Saturday. Any ideas what time the racing is likely to finish?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@KirwanKir, you'll have missed the Downhill by the time you get through to Kitz I'm afraid. Race starts at 11.45 if it starts on time. you will be able to watch the slalom though on the Sunday. It takes place on the Gänslernhang usually and with your ski pass you can sometimes get to the side of the course but not to the finish area or any where near the Start hut (you can but you need to be very, very early to get a good view)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads.

The downhill starts at 11.45 on Saturday 25th, so it's likely to be all over by 13.30. Even if you make the 11.04 train, you won't arrive in Kitzbuhel before 13.30.

You'll be able to watch the slalom on Sunday from 10.15.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great stuff - thanks for the replies. Slalom it is!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@farlep99, The basic access ticket that you will need is ridiculously cheap for what is such a big event in the Austrian sporting calendar, if the race was held here it would probably be £100 and you'd have to apply online a year before or pay a tout! The advertised price is €30 but last year I bought a train/race Kombi Ticket and it was very little more than the admission. Train is by far the best way to travel to the races so look into that?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy