Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Frejus Tunnel Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Travelling by car to Montgenevre next week.

We will be driving down through the Val Frejus Tunnel.

Does anyone know the current 7 day return rate, and also once through, are there any more toll before Montgenevre.

Also I take it Normal Credit Card to pay for Tunnel and Italian tolls

I have a Doofer for French tolls

Thanks

Tim B Baggins
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure of the exact cost but if you buy the tunnel ticket in advance from the Montgenevre lift pass office it is cheaper..maybe too late for you to do this time? Hope you have a great time in Montgenevre snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timbobaggins, Frejus tunnel website has all you need to know http://www.sftrf.fr/web/guest/tarif
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this is the proper link to the tolls page. http://www.sftrf.fr/doc/commerciales/tariftun2013.pdf

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 10-01-14 18:59; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timbobaggins, check there are no planned works/closures, we once rocked up just as it had closed in the direction we were going, they had works on and were alternating traffic through each direction for about an hour at a time, we had a full hour wait at the end of a very long day's travel.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 99% certain there are no toll barriers between Bardonecchia (end of Fréjus tunnel) and Oulx (turn off for Claviere/Montgenèvre)

If you're looking for a good instructor when you get there, I can recommend Seb at Apeak/ESI.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman, I'm certain there aren't any.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are no tolls once in Italy, between the Frejus tunnel and Montgenevre - we'll be travelling that way on Sunday.

The current 7 day return ticket for a car is €53.80.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all

Tim B
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Actually, it cost us €52.90 for the 7 day return ticket this morning.

Also worth noting, once you come off the autostrada and head towards Oulx, you go through a couple of tunnels, keep in the right hand lane as, when you come out of the last one, you round a corner and the road suddenly forks. It is not well signposted and we have previously come upon stationary cars in the middle of the road trying to work out the signage - the right hand lane takes you toward Montgenevre.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy