Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why do ski resorts, manufacturers, anyone have such complex and slow websites?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please, if anyone is listening, ditch the Flash, animation, etc. and just make the damn things user friendly. I just want to get to the webcam and meteo.

Compare and contrast Tignes (Very Bad) with Avoriaz (not as pretty but a whole load more functional)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agreed, David. All the flash and gimmickry just annoys me. I try and boycott some of these sites but somehow I doubt if my staying away seriously affects their audience counts.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, Totally agree!
add Val Thorens, to the list whatever happened to the 'skip intro' button?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Val d'Isere is much better than Tignes: http://www.valdisere.com/gb/index.php
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch wrote:
Please, if anyone is listening, ditch the Flash, animation, etc. and just make the damn things user friendly. I just want to get to the webcam and meteo.

Compare and contrast Tignes (Very Bad) with Avoriaz (not as pretty but a whole load more functional)

A big problem is a company called SkiInfo (I think) who have cornered the market for many French ski area's websites. You have to wait for loads of klunky flash crap to download before you get to anything approaching useful information. Idiots.

In the industry it is refered to as "flashturbation".

I almost never look at their crappy websites. Use http://www.snoweye.com/ for webcams if you can, PisteHors.com for the Avalanche Bulletin (the Meteo Chance interface is horrible), Snowheads for useful info.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof,
Quote:

Snowheads for useful info.

Shocked

wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, or at least, a healthy debate...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch wrote:
boredsurfin, or at least, a healthy debate...

no it's not. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At least they do not usually have music in most cases - unlike some of the hotel sites for Austrian ski resorts.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at Megeve. Unusable!.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof wrote:

In the industry it is refered to as "flashturbation".

In which industry? Photographic? Pyrotechnic? Lubrication?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agreed that Tignes is a dreadful website to use, but what's worse are their webcams.

They have ovbiously spent money as they have nine of them, but none appear to point at anything worth looking at.

The top left one is the best, it's title is "The Grand Motte Glacier".

It looks like a car park with a couple of snow cannons to me !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy