Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Power's Hotel Farandole in L2A - fancy a laugh?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Implausibly cheap deal dropped into my inbox. I can't go, but I did look at Tripadvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g196707-d314344-Reviews-Hotel_La_Farandole-Les_Deux_Alpes_Isere_Rhone_Alpes.html

And then for a laugh I had a look at Booking.com. Most of the reviews are in French, but they certainly add to the picture - if you can speak French which is more than the hotel staff...

http://tinyurl.com/qzsmhpc

Oh dear...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
James the Last, not the first time they have come in for some stick on here. We had two holidays with them 4-5 years ago and we were fairly lucky but I could see the gaping holes in their organisation and sounds as if they have gone seriously downhill since then.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Intriguing looking at the reviews. Looks like they were OK leading up to Christmas but something went seriously wrong over the new year, I wonder what. Fingers crossed it gets fixed before March, normally as long as the skiing is good and I am properly fed and watered I'm not too fussy about other issues but if the pool is too cold I'm stroppy enough to drag the manager by his dangly bits to the control room to adjust the temperature. it can't possibly be any scruffier than the Mark Warner hotel (I forget the name) that I stayed at in Val D'Isere 12 years or so ago
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last, sounds awful!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've literally just arrived back from a week in Farandole.

Let me set the scene by stating that initially, everything appeared positive. My group were seriously let down by booking.com, who double booked us, and didn't inform us of the cock-up. Therefore, when we arrived in resort at 2100 we discovered we had nowhere to stay. We checked ourselves in to Breviere for the evening, which was excellent; then phoned Booking.com to find out what the hell was going on. They determined that we'd been double booked, and therein began our saga. It took us the best part of 2 days, and trips to 3 different hotels to establish a permanent base. Booking.com eventually got in touch and arranged for us to move up to hotel farandole, who agreed to take our group of 5. However, it was only after a further 6 hours of argument that Booking.com accepted culpability and agreed to pay the difference between our original accommodation and the Farandole (which certainly wasn't worth the inflated price).

I can sympathise with the reviews of trip advisor, as although initially promising, our experience wasn't a positive one. The list of reasons is myriad, but let me outline them in brief:

Neither of our rooms were cleaned during our stay.
Beds weren't made when we arrived.
Breakfast was very poor (cold and very poor quality)
Staff were overstreched seasonnaires - so the level of service was awful (Whilst we were there the staff went on strike to protest against the firing of a staff member).
The GM was horrendous (bad attitude, very levels of service, no control of staff)
Prices changed frequently throughout the week for the exact same items (i.e. a small glass of coke was charged at 3 euros, the same as a bottle with other staff members)

There are various other reasons, but listing them would become quickly boring. I've noted that a different reviewer has likened the Farandole to Fawlty Towers, I would support that suggestion.. and would highly recommend Breviers (which I believe is currently run by Crystal).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DJP23, sorry you had so many accomodation problems on your trip. Thats really bad of bookings.com! On the bright side, you get an 'awful holliday experience' to chat about for years to come Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like things are getting better. Just back from a week and for the price I can't really complain.

Rooms spacious and cleaned every day.
Spa was great altough they could do with turning the sauna on a little earlier. Can't complain too much because you won't get these facilities anywhere else at this price
Breakfast was OK although a bit Faulty Towers with what was unavailably some days especially on the morning after the seaonnaire day off. It was never cold and the bacon was really good. Drinks from the coffee machine were a bit random though Smile
Considering that the staff are all seasonnaires and not hotel professionals I don't have a bad word to say against them. French employees would probably walk out if asked to work from 7 in the morning to midnight.......
Best not say anything about the dinner expereince Smile although to be fair the new hotel manager got involved in the kitchen on the last 2 days of our stay and thing improved dramatically.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy