Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste access between Plan Peisey and vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Been doing quite a bit of research on access of slopes in Peisey Vallandry area, but still cannot find the answer to a couple of queries I have. Hoping someone can answer for me?

Is it possible to ski from the improvers area underneath 2300 lift back down to the Peisey Chair lift so skiers can take the lift down?

Can you access or join the Foret run from the improvers area or Cabri learners area without going on any tricky runs?

The idea is our friends can access the Cabri area, then move onto the improvers area but still come back down to the Hotel Vanoise on the chair if the home run is too icy for them to tackle. Then in the next few days they can either access the blues served by the Grizzly and Vallandry lifts ether by cutting across from the improvers area under 2300 or by getting the bus to the Grizzly/Vallandry lifts if this is not possible.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mini_mo, From the top of the 2300 chair in Vallandry bowl, you can ski to the top of the Peisey chair, may be flat or bit of shuffling required though!

Assuming the Cabri learners areas is the drag lifts near top of Peisey chair, yes you can easily get to Foret run from these areas with no tricky sections. Note though that Foret doesn't go all the way down to Peisey, it loops around to Vallandry which is either a 10-min walk or short bust ride back.

The run down to Peisey can get icy and/or cut up but very much depends on when and how many people have ski'd it.

Vallandry/Grizzly lifts not a real benefit from Peisey, personally I would take the Peisey lift and drop down to Derby, is easy runs, and there is a wide easy blue from top of Derby down to Vallandry bowl.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Boris Thats great thanks. We are staying at La Vanoise on the Retour Plan Peisey from 1st Feb with a couple of friends who haven't progressed to reds (and might struggle with very steep or icy blues) and because I researched and chose the resort, I wanted to ensure they had options getting down if the home run was unaccessible for them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mini_mo, the start of Retour is fine and is in fact a lovely cruise, where it turns right and heads into Peisey is where it can get a little tricky. It is by no means steep but is a little narrower and tends to get cut up

However, this is the route that all ski schools take back, part of the reason why it gets cut up, and is easily doable by anyone if they just take a little time. I would however suggest trying to time it so you either do it before everyone comes back or later in the day so it as quieter.

That said taking lift is a sound option as well.

The options to get back to Vallandry are many and varied for beginners and if they don't mind a walk or happy with the bus that is a good option for an alternative
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy