Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lots more World Cup Point for GB Squad and two top 10s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Tour de Ski finished at the weekend and we had three skiers racing some or all the Tour de Ski.

There are two blog entries from the athletes here:
http://ayoungxcskier.blogspot.co.uk/
http://teamleaseplango.no/author/thoofem/

and an article on the squad website
http://www.britishnordic.org/#!tour-de-ski-2013/c1wd7

Muzzy's results over the whole Tour were 17th= (Prologue), 7th and 14th (free technique sprint qualifiers), 71st (15km classic), 38th (35km free technique), 35th (10km classic) and an absolutley amazing 9th up the Alp Cemis. Which gave him a final position in the tour of 27th and lots of points.

Posie's results were 77th, 64th 33rd (just missing going therough to the sprints finals) and 59th before she withrew from the tour as planned.

Andrew Young's results were 88th, 49th and 27th before he witdrew from the tour as planned.

Both Muzzy and AY unfortunatley failed to make it out of their qtr finals in the sprints after qualify.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seriously impressed by Musgrave's 9th on the Alp Cemis. But what most pleases me is seeing year on year (and in-year) progress for the team as a whole that bodes well for the longer term.

I really hope that something is done about the conditions in Oberhof for next year, though. Time for some serious investment in snow storage if they're going to host the Tour again.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So was I - he beat the tour winner Sundby up the Alp Chemis as Sundby's time was only the 12th best.

Year on year progress from the squad has been amazing, and well ahead of the expectations from a few years ago. We also have a good group of youngsters below the Senior squad, which bodes well for the future. As always with UK minority sport the problem will be funding to keep the team supported as running the program is not cheap.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy