Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dalbello SnowRunners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The popularity of skiboards/snowblades with some snow users has reminded me of a novelty item I remember seeing at a ski show more than 20 years ago, namely Dalbello SnowRunners. Does anyone remember these? They were basically a plastic ski boot with an inbuilt ski edge profile on the sole (presumably made of plastic as well?). I would assume that the ski edge would wear out pretty quickly. A google search shows that a pair were placed on ebay earlier this year with a starting bid price of £0.99 (no bids made!)Laughing

Here's a recent YouTube video of someone on them:
http://youtube.com/v/_xYZmDwcWF8

At least the guy is wearing a joker's hat.... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ooh I'd forgotten about those. I was working for the importer at the time.. Dalbello boots were, unfortunately, cheap and dire in those days. I'm glad to see they've improved tho. Yes,. the snow runners had just a plastic ski profile that clipped onto the sole of the boot. Even at the time, I thought they'd have made more of the concept if they had just made the runners, and allowed them to clip onto a DIN sole, rather than requiring a dedicated ski boot.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bump
I saw this video recently, looks like some Eastern European/Russian guy (judging by the accent) has updated the concept and named them Sled Dogs! Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/hz-Vg9ojswI
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Didn't they use those on Channel4's The Jump when they did "snow cross"/

Here you go... http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-jump/articles/all/the-events
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy