Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Les-Gets/Morzine at the moment?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I would like to get a review of the snow conditions at the moment in Les-Gets.
We are staying a week on 19-26/01 (10 days from now) and really worried about the conditions.
Someone that was there yesterday, reported that the lower slopes are all ICE. Is that true?
How bad are the conditions at the moment? It will be worse in 10 days with no new big dump is in forecast.

PS: Which ski rental place is the closest to the main lifts in Les-Gets?

Best Regards
J.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All Mountain will deliver i think. We have used them plenty time with no issues.

If you look on the Snow Reports the resort is listed with lastest news from Snowheads on the ground. I take it you are looking at the webcams and Morznet site too?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Delavay Sports. Right near main lift and store your gear. See my resort review.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2194255&highlight=les+gets#2194255
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are there at the moment - will be till about 8th Feb. We skied quite happily in Les Gets yesterday morning, back to our chalet and only took the skis off for the walk along the road. We usually take people to the ski shop opposite the lifts - SkiFun I think it is called, run by Nicolas. Others speak highly of Berthet Sports.
Went to Ardent and then on to the Wall, down the chair into Switzerland today - Planachaux very bare and brown at the bottom down to the lift so better to take the track down to it. It was all quite hard around 10 this morning but soft coming back along the Abricotine later. Run down to the car at Ardent a bit pudding in the middle but the lower bit after the bend was very nice. Only us and two splatters on it at the time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pamski, Splatter - Do you mean boarder?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If the ardent run is rubbish, jump in the bubble.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mount chery was excellent monday when i was there, very firm to hard before 11 in Avoriaz but decent snow cover with only a few pistes showing any pebbles or grass. feels like april not Jan
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike-H, no, I just mean people that had laid themselves out on the snow but they were fine and not injured.
I download from Ardent if it is busy and late in the afternoon just to avoid the people.
Does feel like April at the moment - we got home and sat out on the terrace having a bite to eat.
Mt Chery was certainly very good on Monday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi

Thanks for the information.
What about Michaud Sports 2 shop? I got discount code for it (through skiset). Is it close to the lifts and I can leave my rental gear there with no extra charge?
We are pretty novice to skiing (ski blue trails only at the moment) and probably stay the whole week skiiing in Morzine-Les Gets ski area.
I am traveling with my kid (9 year old) and wonder if it worth going to Avoriaz to Ski and go there to the Aqua park. We don't rent a car... Is it worth visiting the aqua park in avoriaz (traveling from les gets without a car)??

Thanks
J./
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would suggest that visiting the aqua park in Avoriaz (travelling from Les Gets without a car) is just too much hassle to be worthwhile. If it is just a swim you are after, there is an indoor sports centre in Morzine with a decent pool. If it is the aqua park that is particularly attractive - I just wouldn't bother.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Conditions still surprisingly good considering high temps. Very hard in mornings becoming soft/slushy on south facing slopes in afternoons. a few worn bits appearing on busier exposed slopes.
Michaud 2 in well positioned for main lifts and seemed to offer good service to a friend last week.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks BJP, I really hopes that new snow will come in up-coming week.
Where can I find some restaurants/bars tips and also child friendly activities beside skiing...
I could only found some restaurants reviews in TripAdvisor.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jackmate, there is the ice rink which always looks popular. I think the Les Gets website lists activities too. There is one of those places where they can go and paint china if really not wanting to ski all the time. Its a bit further along from the cinema near a bakers, pizza place and launderette.
Good variety of restaurants - always advisable to book for the evenings, many of them do the two-sitting thing though which I always find a bit irritating as 7 or 7.30 is a bit early and 9 a bit late - as you never seem to get your table at 9!
Many, many places on the mountain to eat to suit all tastes and pockets.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is there a place to rent shoes for the ice rink?
7 or 7.30 are perfect for family with children Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jackmate, I think that you get all the equipment at the ice rink which is right in the middle of the village.
snow report
jackmate, yes, ice skates as Pam says at the rink itself. There is also a goat farm which is open, ideal for small kids (!) I guess. There is a weekly newsletter published which outlines all the things on, pick one up at the tourist office or dotted about ie Carrefour Montagne supermarket. There is a cinema with occasional (maybe weekly?) English language films, close to the pottery painting place Pam mentions.

http://en.lesgets.com/village/the-activities/winter-activities.html
snow report
Also best tobogganing is in the evening behind the Office de Tourisme, to the left of Boule de Gomme poma.

The piste maintenance in Les Gets is excellent, hopefully all will be fine. We've had good holidays there with a lot less snow.

Also if it's a clear day it's worth taking the gondola up Mont Chery even if not skiing. The views (Mont Blanc) are fantastic and you can enjoy a drink at the Belvedere. Of course, if you have skis on, you must go to La Grande Ourse Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 12-01-14 17:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Is there night ski in Les-Gets or just tobogganning?
ski holidays
jackmate, There is no night skiing in Les Gets - that takes place on the Stade in Morzine.
latest report
Boule de Gomme stays open a little later than other lifts but only for an hour or so IIRC. Tobogganing much better after skiers have departed, and much safer.
snow report
jackmate, I live in LG with two small children.

Restaurants are all child friendly, it's a family resort. Particular favorites are Les Copeaux, Bigfoots & K2 & La Pela. Bar wise Barbylone, Bellevue, Apres Ski, Bar Bush and Bigfoots...Igloo if you're feeling very brave and very drunk. I went there for the first time last week and am still recovering.

Haven't yet had a bad experience food wise up the mountain but would particularly recommend La Grand Orse (they also do a Friday night dinner where you get to go up on the piste basher, great fun), Chez Nannon and La Paika.

The ice rink rents very good boots and chairs (luge) for extra balance. The boots are 3.5eur each, the chair is 2.5eur (I think). I can't remember what the entrance fee is but it's really not much.

There is a designated sledging area by the red bubble during the day which is great for small kids. After the pistes close then to the right of the Boule de Gomme.

There is supposed to be a temperature drop this week along with snow. It feels a lot colder tonight than it has done recently. I haven't been up for a few days and but looking across at the Les Perrieres slope this morning and across from the Mt Chery lift, although there are brown patches, the pisteures around here are brilliant at keeping things going.

Ski shop wise everyone I know tends to use someone different, I get my stuff through Berthet and cannot rate them highly enough but, again, haven't heard anything bad about any of them.
snow conditions
Sound good and it feel I should nothing to worry about. Even the weather is getting better with a bit of snow forecast.
Does it rain recently in the village? Should I bring an umbrella?
snow report
It does look as if its getting colder again this week and there is some snow forecast so we wait and see.
ski holidays
Went up first lift for an hour. It's patchy on some of the lesser used runs but the majority of the pistes are in good condition, even without taking into consideration the adverse conditions.
snow report
great to hear about that! As we are pretty novice, I guess we will have enough runs open and ok snow conditions. I just hope that no rain will drop. I never did ski in rainy conditions.
About restaurants - should I contact them in advance for lunch/dinner reservation (my dates 19-26/01/2014) for 4 people?
snow conditions
http://www.contat.sport2000.fr/ great for ski hire. At bottom of the run, no charge to leave skis there overnight in their heater ski locker. Used them last two years without problems.
Food on the mountain - Le yeti, easy to get to and child friendly, good burgers, not too expensive. The Brasserie opposite ok too, and convenient. No need to book, just turn up, self serve.
K2 in the village also good and reasonably priced.
One dump of snow should change everything. It was getting thin on Friday but you have a bit of time before you need to worry I would say and as MeMyselfandI, says the pisteurs are excellent and work wonders with what they have. Have fun
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy