Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Club Med in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know whether there is truth in rumours of a new Club Med hotel being built in Val Thorens?

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
James the Last, yes according to http://www.valthorensguide.co.uk/news.html . Not open for another year or so, by the look of it
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My BiL stayed with Club Med in Arc2000 this year, he said that CM are closing all the 3 Trident hotels (which would include Arc2000) and only running the top end 4 trident ones. Which from the one time I considered them means it isn't going to be cheap!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last, I haven't heard of one in Val Thorens, but there is a new one in Valmorel.

http://www.clubmed.co.uk/cm/resort-valmorel-france_p-341-l-EN-v-VMOC-ac-vh.html?CMCID=13961160230015EN_en&atlassearch=paid&salias=470237747
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, blimey! The 3 star resorts are expensive enough....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The new Club Med in Val Thorens is currently under construction. Work started last summer causing loads of dust and disruption. The concrete work is almost complete and the wooden facias are on parts of the building. Surprisingly it blends in quite well with its surroundings. There is a whole thread on it on the French website link below.

http://www.lastationdeski.com/forum-3vallees/voirsujet-69827-page-0-nouveau-club-med.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like the one in Val D'Isere is half 4* and half 5* now. I wonder how much the 5* bit costs?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dobby wrote:
Boris, blimey! The 3 star resorts are expensive enough....

To be fair, they include 3 meals a day, open bar, and full(?) time ski instruction too.

Thanks Duster & Dobby. Exactly what I (a friend) needed to know.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 8-01-14 16:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

To be fair, they include 3 meals a day, open bar, and full(?) time ski instruction too.

Yup and ski pass, and full time childcare if oyu ar etaking little ones.

I've only had one trip to a club med and loved it - would def book again.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BiL loves it as well, I did look at it for last trip and it was £1500 more than my DIY approach.

I agree it is value for money, and sure it suits many folks, but £1500 is a lot of extra cash for me
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes the new club med is going to be huge. It is pretty nearly opposite our appartment and has cut off a sneaky route back. As others have said it
has caused a lot of dust. Mind you their skip was useful when I was replacing wadrobes. Not sure what is happening with their current building.

There is a lot of upmarket development going on in VT at the moment all upmarket with Kohinor 5 star hotel open and full. St martin mayors office told me another 10k beds between last year and next couple of years with only 4 and 5 star developments being approved. It only takes a few low snow periods for 3vs and VT in particular to get full up.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
James the Last, agreed, but still expensive. Don't hire kit from CM - v expensive
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

but £1500 is a lot of extra cash for me

Agreed, and exactly why I keep going on UCPA holidays rather than CM holidays Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fourth year with club med and very happy with the format and believe its great value considering you don't really need to spend another penny for the entire week. We love the simplicity and ease of having everything arranged for you and the ski lessons/guiding have helped us improve our skiing without any stress. We're off to VT on again 23 march and hope to use the new hotel in 2014.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oops more like 2015 of course. If we do I'll post a full review.
ski holidays
Just posted up some new images of the Hotel as of end of December, still a long way to go!

http://skigb.com/val-thorens-club-med-village-hotel/

Stu
latest report
Brassballs wrote:
Fourth year with club med and very happy with the format and believe its great value considering you don't really need to spend another penny for the entire week. We love the simplicity and ease of having everything arranged for you and the ski lessons/guiding have helped us improve our skiing without any stress. We're off to VT on again 23 march and hope to use the new hotel in 2014.

We have been going on Club Med holidays for about 25 years & I agree they provide tremendous value for money (apart from the ski hire...but we have our own gear, so that is not a problem for us). I am going to Tignes Val Claret Club Med in early February the missus (4th year running) & to CM at Val Thorens with the guys in mid March. To be honest, we have found it cheaper on a CM holiday than on a half board holiday in a Les Menuires hotel when you add in cost of lunch, lift pass, lessons, booze etc. And the quality of the food & service at Club Med is usually very high.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy