Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Spain - Valdesqui - Madrid

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey!

Well I'm going to be in madrid for a week or so in late Feb and I'm looking for info. on skiing etc! Can't seem to find much info. in English or Spanish

Has anyone been before? I've done skiing in Spain a couple of times but Sierra Nevada and Formigal

So what does everyone reckon? An o.k's cheapish day skiing to be had in Madrid via train/bus most likely on a weekday or not worth the airline surcharge for taking boots?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mbrow561, welcome to SnowHeads!

Your closest three options are Navacerrada, Valdesquí and La Pinilla, of which the latter two seem better - although I'm not familiar with any of them personally. La Pinilla seems to get talked about the most. They're all pretty small, but for a one-day mid-week reccy I'm sure they're worth trying. They'll be a world apart from SN and Formi, but I don't see that as a problem. Often the smaller hills have a charm that you don't find at the big-hitters. Depends on your own outlook on these things, I guess. And despite having now spent a number of years living close to the snow, I still get a kick out of the idea of a one-day ski trip by train - an idea that was unimaginable when living in the UK!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy