Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help please! Hotel for 4 nights at the end of March within (say) 2hrs of Turin...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some help with finding a hotel please! I thought this would be easy but am struggling... I can find super-lux (€6.5k/family at the Hermitage in Cervinia! No way.) or super-budget; any number of these, but see MrsTr's "special needs" below...

Basics
Flights to Turin (booked hence slight worry now I'm struggling to find somewhere to stay...) on March 28th returning April 1st
2 families with young children (ages from 4 to 9). Two of the kids have never skied so we need somewhere suitable for total beginners.
Budget thankfully not too great a constraint, say up to £1200/family for hotel

Mrs Tr's "special needs"
Hotel must be in (not near) a reasonable village with choice of restaurants etc.
Doesn't have to be ski-in/out, but lifts nearby, no long walks (>5mins) or minibuses.
Preference for larger hotels.
Family suite or connecting rooms
Child/family friendly.
Informal non-fancy dining. A varied buffet will be just fine, the kids won't eat Octopus with soft polenta.

My needs
Snow
Happy MrsTr

This must be a question to which there are many answers! I'd be extraordinarily grateful for some suggestions...

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IanTr, Can't help that much as I don't use hotels a lot. But I have stayed at a reasonable hotel in La Thuile unfortunately too many years ago to remember it's name but it was usually good for short stays though probably nearer a ten minute that a five minute walk to the lifts. The Planibel at La Thuile may be appropriate though, resort certainly suits your requirements for skiing.
I would also look at Montgenevre and Claviere which should still be decent then.

SKi2 in Champoluc I have heard good reports of and may be able to help.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi IanTR,

5 of us stayed at the Hotel La Torre in Sauze d'Oulx last January for a long weekend and are returning in March.

It fits your brief as follows :

1hr from Turin
Decent 3* with spa facilities (payable)
Sauze is a nice resort with loads of restaurants & bars
Not ski in/out but hotel provides a private minibus to the lifts
Large rooms that sleep upto 4
Kids were there so seemed friendly enough to them
Buffet food for breakfast (we ate out in the evening's so can't comment)

The only concern I would have is snow as I've not been that late.

Good website to look at is http://www.sauzeonline.com/

PM me if you want the hotel contact details as they'll do you a deal via email.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanTr, not stayed in any of the hotels, but there are quite a few, plus numerous self catering apartments, in Montgenevre.
Based on your needs, it sounds ideal for you - nice town, lots of nice restaurants, great skiing for families / kids, excellent ski school (A-Peak), lifts and runs on both sides of valley (all accommodation is within a couple of minutes walk), and only 70 - 80 mins from Turin (and an easy drive).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HI There
Im off to Sauze in 2 weeks and did similar to you, booked flights and then was struggling to find accommodation so was panicking. I ended up booking my accommodation through Ski In Italy been really helpful and beat any other prices on line, did like Hotel Sauze, looked really nice and near enough ski in and out book was booked up so we went for Hotel Debili £380 pp for half board.

Afterwards I did find a good few options on Travel Republic much than half the prices than tour operators prices.

Also ski In Itlay do great deal on ski passes better than in resort

Thanks
Vickie
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IanTr, Have you looked at Booking.com? Resorts to put on your list..... Courmayeur (Yes, it's got cable car to skiing, but should tick MrsTr's needs), Champoluc, friendly village, Italian mountain resort links with great skiing (and good snow at the mo), La Thuile (4* Planibel SC apartments/HB hotel), I'd suggest Cervinia too, but it's a longer drive, much higher, prolly better snow, you may find deals as your dates are not high season.

+1 for Ski-2 in Champoluc. Defo worth a call/website visit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all for taking the time to help me with this. Decision next week!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Champoluc, Hotel de Champoluc. Right on piste, family owned, nice owner and the buffet will do octopus with polenta for you and chicken and spuds for the kids. A couple of hours max from Turin and Milan. We went there twice and had a great time. Ski2 and crystal (used to) do holidays there or you can book direct with hotel obviously. They can organise transfers, you don't need a car when you are there given how close the lift is (yards).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy