Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets with visors... clever or pointless?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cheap as chips. Saw one of these in the CF the other day, looked pretty cool to be honest. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dirty-Dog-APACHE-Helmet-Visor/dp/B017S2JS6E/ref=sr_1_6/257-3289940-4791820?ie=UTF8&qid=1509975387&sr=8-6&keywords=dirty+dog+apache+ski+helmet&tag=amz07b-21
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Awdbugga wrote:
Cheap as chips. Saw one of these in the CF the other day, looked pretty cool to be honest. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dirty-Dog-APACHE-Helmet-Visor/dp/B017S2JS6E/ref=sr_1_6/257-3289940-4791820?ie=UTF8&qid=1509975387&sr=8-6&keywords=dirty+dog+apache+ski+helmet&tag=amz07b-21

Gets rid of the problem about how to keep your goggles on your lid Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
True. I prefer to have an open faced helmet with large goggles though. Having said that, I did consider them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used one of these https://www.wedze.co.uk/stream-550-s2-adult-ski-and-snowboard-helmet-black-id_8287091 for the last 2 seasons.
Pros:
Fits over my specs so I can see.
Warmer than 2 previous helmets ( Boeri, and Pro-Tec).
Easy to adjust, and simple clip.
Affordable price point.
Seems to be a quality product ( although you never know until you try it out, and the reason I have this is that I split 2 the previous ones I had on a rock and a rail respectively).
No goggles to lose / break.
Cons:
The foam bar along the lower edge of the visor inhibits airflow, and can cause your glasses to steam up if you are exerting yourself very hard (like trying to dig yourself and board out of waist deep snow after mis-calculating a landing in some trees).
The yellow lens is not great when its really bright ( But then if it is super sunny, I try and put prescription sunnies under it).
Its a pretty common here in France (Decathlon-Land) so when you stop for lunch make sure you put your own one on again afterwards - unless you prefer other peoples head-sweat to your own Smile

That being said, I will keep this one until my next big crash, and get another one with a visor - though probably one with better airflow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I forget the make and model of mine (it stays in the apartment in France) but has photochromic visor so adapts to light changes.

So it claims.

I confess to putting lightweight sunnies on underneath when things are getting very bright, 'just in case', but I feel ti copes well.

Was about €120 in end of season sale last year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got one as a gift last Christmas (Sinner crystal) and didn't get round to using at first, however i ended up going away with the person who'd bought it for me so though so thought I ought to take it just to try. I used it for the week and it was great. Much easier to flip up when going into a restaurant or when talking to people. It wasn't as tight a seal on my face as goggles so no blocked nose feeling that I sometimes get with goggles, also better air flow meant no misting and no damp goggle foam from sitting on the front of a wet helmet when i put the visor down. When it was really bright I wore my sunnies underneath and had a spare pair of goggles with me in case the weather turned for the worse, I always carry a spare pair anyway having had issues with goggles misting between the two layers in the past. For me, for 90% of the skiing I do, I'm a convert and I don't give a monkeys whether strangers on a mountain think I look uncool or not, I just want my equipment to function well for me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ive given my goggles to my partner as they fit her better & ive got a helmet with a visor.
Absolutely love having a normal field of vision. looking forward to trying them this season.
Cebe helmet with 2x visors.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ive given my goggles to my partner as they fit her better & ive got a helmet with a visor.
Absolutely love having a normal field of vision. looking forward to trying them this season.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Salomon have a new one with integrated goggles that looks good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy