Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Reading one or two threads, I'm now tempted to look at taking the family skiing for the first week of the Easter hols, ie 29/3.

OK, so we haven't even been on the main trip yet (8/2 in Villard de Lans) or the Dads' trip (8/3 Meribel) but if the all-in, last-minute bargains were good enough, I'd head up high and treat us all to some spring skiing. I looove spring skiing.

Are there any hints/ websites for finding last-minute ski bargains? Given we're already going, it's not something I'd choose to plan for, ie hunt down accom, then flights, then transfers, etc. It'd be a spur of the moment decision and a catered package ideally.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A Direct Ski rep told me that you can grab a last minute Saturday departure up to midnight on the Thursday before if that's any use.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've tended to see the biggest bargains from the large TO are offered on the stuff they have already paid for and thus extra numbers are mostly profit. So chalets and chalet hotels using their own (usually early morning) charter flights rather than a posh hotel and scheduled or more reasonable time flights.

They seem to be using more sophisticated active pricing as well these days so the price sometimes goes up again as the departure date approaches, presumably capturing those people who think they'll leave it until the last minute and then get cold feet when they see the price increase from the last time they looked.

And don't forget to clear your cache and cookies every time you start a new search. I don't know if it actually helps but you don't know who's watching Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd recommend Iglu.com but have also used SkiSolutions and BookableSki without problems plus the various tour operators own sites.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiworld sale has good bargains, I've just picked up one for £370 catered chalet for that week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apols for not coming back to thank those who've contributed. After a great week watching my kids come on leaps and bounds, I'm really quite tempted now. Just need the staff to look after our shop (again!).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
grazzenger wrote:
Reading one or two threads, I'm now tempted to look at taking the family skiing for the first week of the Easter hols, ie 29/3.

Isn't Easter towards the end of April this year??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy